Looking to buy a car.

Discussion in 'General' started by rnc3147, Apr 22, 2008.

1. 1996 STS - 130k miles... black/black guy said there's lots of new parts. 4500
    1997 STS - 120k miles... white/tan interior -4800
    1997 Aurora - 67k miles... tan - 4100
    1998 Riviera - 77k miles... black - excellent condition.

I am thinking the 97 sts, because the guy has all the documentation of maintenence, and the car came from down south and never saw salt. the only concern is the mileage. any blades here with advice of what car to get. they all seem decent, and I am in a bind trying to figure out which one I want to get. :confused: I'm only 19, first car, WWGCD?

2. whats your price range, what kind of car do you like? I'm guessing lux?

3. from what i know, the break down marker on caddys is arround 180k so be careful

4. Consider a Honda?

5. man ill tell you from first hand experience, dont get a Caddy that has 100.000+ miles on it, they probably put just enough work into it to get it to run for a little bit, but itll most likely end up needing work, and you dont wanna have to buy parts for a Caddy >.<

6. [​IMG]

jk, I would take an S2K or a couple Acuras. RWD's are too fun though, only other thing I would buy is an AWD.

7. For your first car I would recommend a Jap car.

Much better aftermarket and reliability. No torque though.

8. nythin american made

9. I wouldn't ever buy a car with over 100k on it to be honest.

Thats when cars start falling apart.

10. SR20DET, RB20/25/26DETT, VG30DETT 1jz, 2jz lol

Don't let 4 cylinders fool you, the SR and RB can be pushed to over 400hp and have seen 500hp+

Japanese cars are called JDM's. "Jap" is actually considered raciest.

11. 1jz is terrible

12. if that 97 Aurora has a northstar V8 in it stay away from it. most mechanics will not touch one of those because of how complicated they are. plus my dads got one with ~80K on the clock and shes falling fast

13. Yeah, 2 Jay-Z's is like four fingers up your ass.

Can you say misinterpreted?

14. Yea, but in actuality it isn't. Jap is short hand for Japanese. Would calling an American an Amer be racist?

Generally Jap cars are low torque. You can get turbo or 6cyl, but mostly you will get high revving 4cyls with low torque. I don't think this guy is looking for high performance.

15. it's a three letter word, how much harder is it to type JPN? I was going to say it may be different while speaking, but even then I can't think of when I would use the word 'jap'.

16. i would get the riviera or the aurora they have less miles