Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

looking to buy a bong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chroma chronic, Nov 13, 2009.

1. What do I need to know? What is the type of bong called with the slider thing that pulls out for you to take your hit? What makes one bong better than another? How much do you think I should plan on spending on a mid grade bong?

Thanks in advance.

2. Well you would preferably want glass on glass with no carb. And usually the price depends on how thick it is, how big it is, and if it has a brand name. You can get pretty good no name bongs for under $100

3. 1) Where is thsi bong gonna be? Your room? Traveling to smoke with friends? With strangers? At a party?
    2) How frequent/often
    3) Your own personal budget on what you want to spend.
    4) Form or function? Practicality or looks? You "like" it? Or you want to take smooth hits?

And hella other questions. But these are some things I ask myself. If you're going to your local headshot, always know that what you're paying for IS lower than what it should be. Never fool yourself that what they're giving is a good deal. Never fool yourself that it's set in stone. If you know the price, fucking tell em what you think. Part haggle, part being careful of shady shopkeepers.

Example, some shops mark prices 5 times what they are. Then reduce it 3 times making it seem like you're getting the greatest deal you've ever had! Say its 80 marked price, then they say they'll give you 45 for it cuz you look like a nice guy. In reality, it could be Indian glass pipe that's worth 20 bucks in total with shipping included.

Look for shit like...
    -Glass on glass or rubber grommet.
    -Ice catcher.
    -Glass thickness from TOP to BOTTOM(Flick it with your finger all the way down, some parts are weaker).
    -Colored glass, swirly swirls, art designs.
    -Height.
    -Brand.
    -Diffused downstem.
    -Any other add ons?(like carbon filters on Roors)
    -Glass vs. Ceramic vs. Metal vs. Acrylic?
    -Product defects? Cracks? Odd shapes? Weaker parts? Glass on glass pipes that aren't "frosted" all the way around?(Where the glass fits snugly together)

Plenty of other things to look at.

Paranoid? Nah, just being a smart shopper. Lastly, don't take my word for it, its your money. If you're gonna break it, go with quality cuz in the long run you'll save $$

4. get a GonG saan. i like to get a bigger water chamber becuase it holds more water and cooler smoke longer hits

5. sweet tips, +rep :smoking: