Looking into a new grinder...

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Tintinara, Nov 4, 2009.

1. I am currently using a 2pc Space Case, but am looking to upgrade to a 4pc. As much as i would love to stick with Space Case they are just way too expensive, so I am looking into either a Chromium Crusher or a Sharpstone and was wondering what you guys would suggest. I have had a look at both models at my local headshop and though they both looked great, but it would be nice to know how well they both hold up over time. Also, i was wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of a reliable online vendor for either/both of those brands...I've seen a lot of almost unbelievable deals on the web and don't want to get shafted with some chinese knockoff or something.

thanks guys

2. I have a 4 piece/3 stage Sharpstone with a see-through top I have had it for about 6 months and its held up great so far and grinds up things perfect in my opinion. I would Recommend it!, and look on Ebay!

3. #3 BuryMeInTrichs, Nov 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
    I have the medium chromium crusher.... the magnet fell out just from regular use, so that was a pain until I eventualy lost it. And the threads dont seem to hold up that great, I know you have to be careful with delicate threads but I am always very careful yet metal shavings ended up in my grinded weed.

Personally, I wont buy a chromium crusher again, thats just my opinion

Edit: also, even when grinding it seems like the teeth on this chromium crusher aren't aggressive enough...

4. Go on to eBay, search for herb grinders, and get a SharpStone or Cromium Crussher 4 piece for ~$20.

5. Sharpstone! i have a 4 piece, had it for about a year now, its seen ounces upon oucnes of bud and still works amazing, it so awesome i love it

6. i have 4 piece sharpstone, with a keif catcher it works great. cost me $35

7. Sharpstone is a great brand i have had one for a while and am thoroughly satisfied. i got mine from an ebay vendor named hippiekid they are pretty chill

8. Yeah, i have heard that Ebay is a good resource for grinders...I need to look into that more.

have any of yall used waterpijpen, waterpijp, vloeitjes, bongs, hasj pijpen, headshop - Grasscity.com they have sharpstone/pollen press combos for pretty cheap, but i can't find much feedback on toker forums. the site looks pretty legit but it would be reassuring to hear from someone who had actually purchased something from them.

9. sorry, that link looks really spammy...still learning the ropes around here

10. yay! another texas toker

11. Mendo Mulcher 2.25" is bout $50 & free shipping

12. 4 piece sharp stone. not that expensive and grinds up bud like a hot knife thru butter.

13. :smoking:

I think I'm going to look into the sharpstone 4pc on ebay, sounds like several people have had good results there.

How do yall feel about pollen presses? worth the money?

14. Go to a local random indian shop and check what they have.

I got a sick 4 inch 4 piece grinder for 18 bucks. It doesnt have blades like the sharpstones have, but rather small pyramid looking spikes that slice and dice that budskie :smoking:

15. Nice man, I saw a nice one the other day was called the Chromium Crusher was about $25 looked nice 2.25 x2.25 small and compact! anyways hope you find a good one!

16. I got a medium 4pc space case. ran me 130$can

17. lol 130$ for a grinder

18. I haven't used a grinder before. I have a few questions.

I understand the reason you would need a grinder if you are going to using rolling papers, but I am not clear on all of the benefits for using a grinder along with a glass pipe or glass water pipe. One definite benefit I do see is the keif screen which should yield a nice surprise underneath after a short time! What are some of the other benefits?