Looking for tips on making QWISO hash

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Sublevel, Jun 29, 2010.

1. I'm planning on following August West's stickied guide. I was just wondering if anyone had knowledge and experience to share on what to do and not to do. Thanks all!

2. Just follow the guide to the letter dude. Make sure you don't leave the plant matter in the alcohol too long, 30 seconds or less will do it.

3. How come A-Dubs guide runs only 30 seconds, and Hashmoufs guide he does 30 seconds soak, and then 30 seconds shaking the jar. Which is the preferred method and which is more beneficial?

Also, should one dry the material in between runs if they want to do a second qwiso run from the same material?

4. #4 GrapeStreet, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2010
    Frost Hash (Freeze Distilled QWISO)

For every stoner, there's a method for making hash.

You'll hear different times to soak or shake, "swirl, dont shake", "use fresh buds" "use dried buds"

The QWISO method is hardly a uniform experience in my research. The longer you soak and the harder you shake, the more trichs will come out, and so is true with chlorophyll pigments and waxy waste.

There are "benefits" of each.

The "wash" method involves no soaking at all, and produces the purest product in low yields.

The "soak" method allows for greater time in contact with the solvent and therefore a heavier yield, however some pigments and waxes will mix in as well.

The "shake" method catalyzes the extraction process and the highest yield of both resin and waste will be seen.

Using freezing cold iso helps as the oils fall out of solution better.

Straining the QWISO through a couple different filters will also help purity.

And I've got some observations from my experiment that might help you as well.

--
    Drying the buds inbetween runs isnt necessary, however agitation of the pulp will extract more.