Looking for Suggestions. (Pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CrunchyBlack420, Mar 17, 2009.

1. #1 CrunchyBlack420, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
    Here is my plants. The biggest one is two and a half weeks. They have been under Fluros but I ordered a 250w HPS light today, which should be coming in. This is a first time grow for me. But I do my Research. My hydroponic system is made out of a 10 gallon tank, 2 air pumps, and 2 one foot long air stones. I check the Ph daily and ive only changed the nutrient solution once since there young. But i will be doing weekly in the long run. My lights Where on for 20 On and 4 Off for the first two weeks, Now they are 16/8. I'm looking for suggestions so any are gladly appreciated. Thanks.\[​IMG][​IMG]

2. plants look strechhy move the lights closer and why 16/8? never heard of tht im sure its 18/6

good luck and hope everything goes well:wave:

3. I agree with the above post, get the lights closer. Either the 18/6 or 20/4 light cycles are fine. Also, its not necessary to change your nute solution every week, that's overkill. Some change it every two weeks, and some don't change it throughout the entire grow. As long as the nutes are replaced in the proper quantity and there are no fungus or mold issues, there isn't really any reason to change the solution. I have gone an entire grow with the same solution with no problems, just like many others have done. There will be people who say otherwise, it comes down to personal choice, just like length of light cycles.

4. Yeah closer lights def, other than that looks good. The 250 HPS will do you good for the space. Keep us updated.

5. #5 CrunchyBlack420, Mar 17, 2009
    Okay, I moved the lights down a little. and changed the lights back to 18/6. Once my HPS light comes in :eek:, Its going to be great. Oh, and Thanks for the tips. The hps light i ordered is a street light i got off ebay. I got it at a steal deal. Once i get it should i automatically put it in? Because I know they are young so I wasn't sure if I should use it this early. Pops is going to kill me when he see the electric bill

6. Yeah, they look pretty stretchy. Do you have an inline/desk fan on them? The HPS should do you wonders, just remember, it's only good for at most 4 plants. Good job though, looks as if you've done your research. Just remember, you can never know too much, always keep reading and keeping your mind open to new growing techniques. Good luck with your grow, dude!:smoke:

7. #7 CrunchyBlack420, Mar 17, 2009
    Yeah, I still do research every night. I knew that the 250 HPS light would be perfect so I can grow these four at full potential. My dad bitches about the electricity bill so he bitches about the fan but I put it in every night while the lights are on. Oh, and one question, the plants are going through straws which is covered by the rocks, I don't want to mess it up by removing it now its big enough, but I also don't want it to affect the plant. What should I do?

Attached Files:

8. I've never worked with anything like that, but this is what I do. Since it's in cups, you should just work the cup in your hand until everything loosens up, then slide it out into your hand(Don't turn it upside down, but just let it slide out). Then you wash it off of any residue and transplant.

9. Okay, so my HPS light came in and its been about a month and a half for my plant. Theres 2 nodes of 7 now. Do you think i can grow 4 plants with my set up? They would be places closely together but im trying to decide if i should do two under my hps or 4 if they will fit. The little one is about a week and a half since seed.

Attached Files: