Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Looking for strains to aid ADHD Anxiety & Depression

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by konstantin, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Hello.
    I am 35 years old, adhd (inhereted from father side), I have anxiety and sometimes depression (heavy depressions from about 15 -30).

Have been smoking for about 8 years now, sometimes I leave it for months or years, then smoke some again, I get high with a couple of hits, I do not like to smoke high dosages because it gets me stupid and I do not enjoy that state of mind. Getting a couple of medium hits gets me on a very connected with my body and feelings state, I experience a much more fluid conversations, its like the weed connects some gears in my brain to make everything more connected.

I want to know about other persons who can identify themselves with the symptoms I described and if you are using a particular strain to aid yourself.

From a quick search on the web I selected "Jack Herer" to put on my wish list to purchase some seeds as it was listed as aid for ADHD and Derp/Anxt.

Please talk about your experiences.
    Thanks.

2. I have the same symptoms as you, well minus the anxiety. I have the anxiety but that I can easily control without the use of medical aids. For the depression I've found that a small dosage, like the ones you use are best just because for me the drowsiness and the "comedown" cause me to dip back down into my depressed state. I like a very Sativa heavy strain, like 80% or more. For just the depression a strain called chocolope is my favorite. it is very potent so just a little is necessary to achieve the level of "highness" you seek. I have smoked many many club strains even tho I only got my card recently and this is what I have gained from trying different stuff. for the ADHD i'm still looking myself the chocolope helps to an extent but not completely. BTW the chocolope is 95% sativa. good luck with ur symptoms and just ask if you have any questions or if u find somethin that helps with urs.

3. The best cure for anxiety that I have found is having a 20 min jog and cold show afterward, twice a day, 6am and 6pm. I find it hard to be constant. Sometimes I have to travel and I end up without energy and skip, then I skip some more and my memory is kind of shot, I begin to "forget" that I have to go for a jog. I have a problem with commitment.

Cold showers are a pleasure known only by select people. At first it was difficult, then it began to feel like fun and after a month of regular showers it was pleasurable. I am not playing tough guy here, if someone mentions cold showers I shrug like everyone else, but after a jog its the best thing to do.

4. cerebra sativa, chinchillanaga, og kush. thats all i can think of off the top of my head

5. i have been diagnosed with all of the above disorders thru out my life and i was on a lot of different meds. i like indica dominant strains because they are more stoning, but they make me more tired than sativa, so i prolly shouldnt start smokin indica at 7am but i do lol.

6. I was diagnosed with severe ADHD at the age of 8. I have also been diagnosed with social anxiety disorder that same year. Without any medicine my mind goes a million miles a minute in random directions. I tend to prefer sativa. Because it slows down my thought, but also does not slow down my physical activity. I really don't like the stoney highs all that much. I am ADHD, and have been my whole life. So I am use to being active, and would like to remain so. I just need sativa to help control my out of control thoughts.

7. I read that Jack Herer was hard to grow and that they rebred it ?? whatever and they call it Jack Flash and it is much easier to grow. Google sensi seeds.

I have all what you have and more and I will be growing Jack flash. I don't have my card yet (I am counting my chickens before they hatch so to speak) But I should get it soon.

Sammy