Looking for strain type

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tadtanator, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Hey GC just another year,
    I am a fairly new grower besides a few little guys i did just for fun. this year i plan to do a real grow. i live on the east coast in the US ( dont want to give direct location) I am looking for a good out door strain for my location. my area is highly wooded and we have a decent amount of rain during the summer months i wont be able to tend most of my crop for about 2 week periods (trimming, watering, nuts, ect) do to the long drive to my cabin home. so ill need a strain that can handle its self on its own for a little while when i cant come see my babys.

anyone in the eastern area or anyone in general have any strains that have worked well in my conditions?

looking for more of a indica if i can but any strain will do.

ideas??

2. Look, there are tons of strains that would do very well all over the east coast. At this point you just need to choose what you want from the strain; flavor and etc.

3. what are some nice purple outdoor strains? looking for something to be nice and smooth when smoked maybe something fruity. around here we have decent bud but everyone makes up names for bud so i can never tell what tastes goes with what bud.

thanks for your input!

4. Stoney girls pit bull or crippled pit are nice

5. It doesn't matter what you choose. Your method of growing will produce garbage weed anyways. Might as well pick the cheapest seeds you can.

6. Add soil moist to the soil so it can absorb more water for when you're away..as far as strains purple maroc is usually recommended as a good outdoor

7. Great Idea! for my soil thanks for the help (our temp doesn't get to hot stays around 70- low80s. i had an outdoor plant at a creek spot near my house and it was fine with water only on really hot days/weeks did i ever hand water it

ill do some research on that strain

8. I did world of seeds kush x skunk and was away quite often and would come back to all my plants beggin for water except that one..didnt even phase it and the yield is great and good smoke

9. your purple maroc was the one who didnt stress over the shortage of water?

10. ^^^no...he said world of seeds kush x skunk

11. he says except that one which doesn't indicate what one he is talking about... unless he means kush crossed with skunk?

12. Yea the kush x skunk was very drought resistant..never did the maroc but heard lots f good stuff about it

13. thanks for your help!

14. No need to be a dick bro.

15. Keeping it real. Why tell him to go order nice seeds when this sounds more like a experiment than a half ass effort to grow.
    Plants not being tended to for 2 weeks in hot humid summer. Recipe for mold and demolish the whole crop. That would be a waste of time and effort if its so hard to get there in the first place.
    So maybe back to the drawing board.

16. to bad i dont live in a area with a hot humid summer maybe you should read the post a little better...

17. my area is highly wooded and we have a decent amount of rain during the summer months

Dense forest with rain. That is how you make humidity. Plus you don't plan on tending to them
    Weekly. Your plants will be hit with tons of bud worms in the woods once flowering starts and when that happens it will just take one rain and your plant will be crap due to bud rot and mold but you will not know this because you won't be around to notice.

18. wrong but close.
    The ideal humidity range for healthy plant growth is 50% humidity, plus or minus 10%. Plants breathe through tiny openings on the undersides of their leaves called stomata. Plants can (and do) open and close their stomata under certain conditions. for example if humidity becomes to much and causes a plant to start taking in more water than it can the plant will open it's stomata to increase the water loss.

thank god by opening the stomata and increasing evaporation the plant also has increased it's cooling mechanism. This causes heat to be let out of the plant tissue. and in temp too hot the plant actually cooks itself. or to cold for lack of a better term freeze itself. Plants transpiration is how a plant breaths. Plants dont have lungs lol.
    so when molecules of water vapor are released from the stomata they tend to just hang there unless there is a breeze. do to the high amount of woods there should be a nice breeze daily. these breezes arelike the plants lungs without themthe gases and water vapors would sit around and basically sufficate the plant and not allow new co2 to get to the plant tissues.

Which brings me back to humidity When gasses surrounding a leafs become coverd with water vapor (100% humidity)there is no place for the next molecule of water vapor to evaporate to. The end result is that water vapor is not evaporating. so water is not being drawn up from the root zone...

neither are any nutrients. If nutrients are not being taken up, than developing buds are not getting the food they need to be good. This is exactly why high humidity will cause rot in buds. so to dodge that problem a large amount of nuts could beplaced in my soil so when the plant does began drawing up from the root zone enough nuts will come into the plant. lucky for me my humidity is low aroud 60-70% unlike your cali area who has an average of 70-80%

19. If you can get some fucking incredible or god's gift that may do well in the woods. Maui wowie does well on its own too. Good luck.

20. Might also wanna look into osmocote plus as your nutes