Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Looking for strain that wont counter my medicine.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Matticus, Jan 12, 2014.

1. #1 Matticus, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
    I'll be heading out to California in the coming weeks for a job opportunity that will last a couple months, and haven't smoked for a couple years.  

I take 1mg of risperidone (risperidol) and 1mg of benzotropine (cogentin) daily.  No side effects except weight gain which I am ok with to keep my sanity.  

At one point I was taking 1mg of risperidone 4x daily, which I slowly weened down to 1 and am fully functional.  

I believe my diagnosis is bipolar schizophrenia but I don't ask or tell my docs too much.  

I saw this video of a child who was using a medical strain called charlotte's web which was .5THC and 17% or so CBD.  I was thinking a strain like that would make it possible for me to occasionally smoke/consume edibles again.

I've been hospitalized twice for my condition and I don't want to go back again.  I'll probably tell all of this to the Dr if I get a card when I go out there.  I guess all I need to show him is my prescription bottles I take for the diagnosis.  

It would be nice to try it again knowing it would be safe, and getting stuff locally through non sanctioned distributors would make it so I don't really know what I'm getting.  

I'll probably be in the LA area when I'm out there.  Can anyone recommend a shop around there that would have such a strain with under 3-5%THC and over 15% CBD if you guys think that would be the ideal way to go?

EDIT: And please don't tell me about any side effects this medicine I take can cause (besides interacting with weed).  I've been doing as much as I can to NOT find out as to not cause any psychologically induced false positives.

2. I've taken risperidol (super stoned atm), and there are no side effects when smoking weed while on it. I doubt there will be with the other one either. I'm not sure there is anything that would interact negatively with weed. 😕

3. That's not how California's medical cannabis program works.  You have to be a CA resident and then get a recommendation from a specially certified CA doctor.

Besides, should you really be smoking if you're schizophrenic?  Even high-CBD strains might set you off, considering you already weened yourself down on your medication (without telling your doctor? hard to tell from your post...).  Strains like Charlotte's Web (which you won't find anywhere around here, it's unique to some brother growers in CO who provide it as medicine to children) are not going to get you "high" in the traditional sense either, they are almost solely for medicinal uses.

4. Try and find the Strain Harlequin. Its been making a lot of waves for being very high in CBD levels

5. Weed won't do anything, My grandmother takes edibles along with numerous medications.Get an indica to feel relaxed, or a sativa to feel uplifted.

6. Idk about specific THC percentages, but The Loft Co Op in woodland hills is great, or West Valley Patients group in woodland hills is absolutely phenominal they have hundreds of edibles, oils, and buds. Although If you want cheaper weed Check out CPPG in Canoga Park. They're all near LA