Looking for someone to help me out on my way to FLOWERING!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mixedup86, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Hey there yall. I am a first time grower here And have a couple things goin on

1: a 6 set up hydroponic system with bubbles and drip system.
    2: 3 soil plants

ALL are under a 400 watt MH light for now.

I am using fertilzer just the minimum tho becuz I am on week 3 for the soil plants and still on like day 5 or so wwith the hydroponics. here are some pics of both.

Looking for a teacher to help me out with updated pics every week or so, am not asking to be totally taught just some advice so i dont mess up some beutiful plants.

Below in order is PLants

All were planted at the same tyme. Number 1 is the biggest then 2 then 3. ANy advice on what i shoudl do from here would be greatly apprecitaed:D:D:D:D

Attached Files:

2. have the shown sex yet?

3. hmm not much for hydro , so this will be a learning experiance for both of us bro) i'll be here to help with general things hehe thoses look very nice so far , how tall you plan on vegging them , or how long I should say? keep me updated K+ on a great start:hello:

4. No the sex hasnt shown yet. I am only in week 3 for all the soil plants in still in week 1 for the hydro.

Was wondering how often i should change the water? Is once a week good for a flush?

Thank you any thing would be nice!!! Thank you ALL!!

5. No the sex hasnt shown yet. I am only in week 3 for all the soil plants in still in week 1 for the hydro. I plan to veg them to about 2 feet tall so they will be about 4 feet each or so when fully developd.

Was wondering how often i should change the water? Is once a week good for a flush?

Thank you any thing would be nice!!! Thank you ALL!!

6. Oh yeah i Also forgot to mention that Everysingle one of these seeds is a BAGSEED. SO I am in for an incrdible surprise!!!!

7. For the hydro, change out the nutes every 7-10 days, however, for your first change out you can go 2 weeks. How are you checking the ph and TDS levels.

Forgot to ask, how big of an area are you growing in LWH, and what kind of lighting.

8. 400 watt MH light plants sit on shelf inside closet which is about 6 ft hight by 3 fet wide byt about 2 feet from doors to back off closet. I have a ph meter that is in the pot with the white thermometer. the ph reader is green with a metal rod to put in soil or plain water. shoudl i change the water and nuteS? or add nutes on thsoe days.?

It is much easier for me to just lower the shelf than to lower the light. i can just move the pegs all the way down as needed

I am coming up on week 1 so i might just flush all of it since it kinda looks like grothw is being slowd down by the other plants getting in most of the light. what are your opinoins?:wave:

THANX

PS what is TDS?

9. TDS = Total Dissolved Solids

Measuring how much nutrients is in your water.

I use EC to measure this because it is more accurate and TDS is a conversion that varies

10. OIC sorry i know i sound not wuite smart but then what is EC? and how do you measure them? if its what i think it is then I am only doing like less than half of what is recommened on the contanier. or is that not how to do it?

11. Well it all depends if you want the plants in the hydro setup to flourish or not, check out my grow to see what proper monitoring equipment will do.

My grow:http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/131440-12-12-harvest-pics-update-weekly.html

Now if you really want to know what TDS/eC is all about here is a link that will explain it:http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/static/articles/0406_tdspH.asp

12. sexing during veg.?!?!?!? at bottom :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

MY ENTIRE HYDROPONIC SYSTEM FELL OVER ON TOP OF ALL MY PLANTS!!!!! BUT I REPOTTED THEM AND THEY ARE DOING OK BUT I NEED SOME ADVICE ON WHAT ELSE I CAN DO.

THE GROWTH IS STUNTED FOR SURE BECUZ THE WERE REPLANTED 1 WEEK AGO IS WHEN IT HAPPENED!! HORRIBLE I KNOW...

THE TALLEST ONE IS THE FIRST TWO PICS IT USED TO BE 9.5 INCHES BUT BECUZ OF THE FALL HAD TO REPLANT A LITTLE DEEPER SO I COULD GET IT TO STAND. IT ALSO LOST A FEW LEAVES ON THE BOTTOM. ITS 8 INCHES

I HOPE ITS NOT DIYING!!!!

ALSO THE 3RD POTTED PLANT I USED TO HAVE ALSO SEXD EARLY BUT I FOUND OUT IT WAS A MALE SO I THREW IT OUT!!

THE SECOND SET OF PICTURES IS OF THE OTHER THAT SURVID. ITS DOING MUCH BETTER. BUT STILL IS GROWING VERY MINIMAL. I HAVE IT UNDER 400 WATT MH ABOUT 2 FEET AWAY. WITH FAN. ITS ALMOST 8 INCEHS IT IS ON WEEK 6 BUT IT IS

SEXING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY IS IT SEXING IN THE VEG CYCLE!?!?!?!?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

look close it shows pistons. plz help!!!!!!! WHAT CAN I DO TO AMEK THINGS SPEED UP AS FAR AS GROWING. I FEEL LIKE THEY ARENT GROWING FAST ANY MORE AT ALL.

Attached Files:

13. any help would be great...:wave:

14. Looks like they are both over watered and nute burned. I would wait until the soil is dry "two knuckles" deep and flush with pure water with a capfull of Hydrogen Peroxide to give the roots O2. To prevent over watering weigh the pots with your hand, feel how heavy they are dry, then water and feel how heavy they are. Don't water until the pot feels light again. This way you won't disturb the roots every time you want to check and see if watering is needed. I'd let the plants wilt after the next watering to help the soil dry out down deep. This will help prevent any mold in the soil.

Hope this helps.

15. when you say "flush what exactly do you mean? just add a cap full?

i water them about 2-3 cups every 3 days or so. is that too much?

Thank you so much for some advice. i will be posting pics later today they have grown a little.:wave:

16. Flushing is when you add 2-3 times the volume of the soil of water so if you have a 5 gallon pot add 10-15 gallons of water(Edit: Thanks SmknVTECH). This helps prevent toxic salt buildup. Salts are a byproduct of nutrients being consumed in the roots. This is why you always water with pure water between each feeding. The problem with toxic salt buildup is it can be mistaken for a lack of nutes when adding more would just make it worse.

As far as the H2O2 goes 1 or 2 capfulls per gallon will suffice. Use whenever the plants look over watered, the roots need O2 and the H2O2 turns into 2 H2O's and 1 O2 giving them the O2 they need. Hydrogen Peroxide is poison to the plants if not diluted enough but 2 capfulls per gallon is totally safe.

Your watering schedule may be the problem. First off, don't water on a schedule. Water when the plants NEED water. This goes back to the need for O2 in the roots. It also allows the roots to grow and seek out water. Overwatering causes many problems such as: Root Rot, stunted growth and mold, to name a few. Let your plants start to wilt once and weigh the pot as I mentioned before. When watering is needed water until a small amount of water drains out the bottom. Allow it to drain for 30 minutes. Record how many cups it took to saturate the soil. This will help you next time you NEED to water. As the plant grows it will require more water more often.

On another note have you checked your PH? If not I would recommend getting a digital meter, not a soil PH meter but a liquid ph meter. Ebay for around $40. Start recording the ph for each plant every time you water. Measure it by collecting the very first bit of run off water and testing it. You also want to know the PH of the water going in. PH is a common problem and will lock up any nutes you add if not in the proper 6.3-6.8 range.

17. One more thing. I'd move the light closer. 6-21 inches is the Ideal range for 400watts start with 12" and slowly move it closer until you notice minor burning. Move it back a little and then maintain that distance. Different plants can handle a different amount of intensity. 2 feet back you're wasting good light. Watch the heat though. Good luck.

Burnt spots

[​IMG]

18. OK now this is about day 48 of veg for both of these plants. each of them are only about 9-12 inchs. ONE plant is a female as you can see from the pics, i also topped it last week. is it growing right?

Also my second plant just startd to get small little yellow tips what is that? also the same plant has a very purple stem not green like my female is that bad? how can i change those two things?

i have a 400 MH light and a 54 watt FLR side lighting. with two fans. temp is about 80 degrees. are the really heatlthy or not?

HELP FROM EXPERINCED GROWERS WOULD BE GREAT THANX!!!!

Attached Files:

19. OK so i will be flushing them tommorw then i just filled a gallon of water and going to let it sit out untill the next day then add 2 caps of h2o2. i currently do have them about 2-3 feet away am going to change it to @ feet away now.

here is the last pic.

Thank you so much sikabuyin I will be doing that and will be posted pics later in the week to see what is happening.

any other adive from ppl i would love.

Attached Files:

20. ok I just flushed my plants today. hopefully that will do a great deal of good. I will post pics when i can definatly see the results probably tommorw or so.

PLZ COMMENT ON MY PICS THIS IS MY FIRST GROW AND THE GROWTH OF MY PLANTS SEEM TO SLOW QUITE A BIT I AM ON DAY 50 OF VEGING AND STILL THEY ARE ONLY 11-13 INCHS.

PLZ ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT:wave: