looking for some reggae and rap

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by marqus139, Feb 20, 2006.

1. alright so last night was my first time to roll (amazing). now i went to a warehouse party called SDC in houston. i am not sure if anyone from the city was there. it was called HROCK or something (2/18/06). that night they were playing reggae and oldschool hip hop all night. it was really good and i was wondering if y'all would be willing to give me some similar music to the music that was being played that night. however i remember 2.5 songs. one was Damien Marley-Welcome to Jamrock and the one was Cypress Hill-Insane in the Membrane. now i now cypress hill is not underground or anything but yea. the half of one was a Lil' Flip song. i don't think it was a popular one though. but if y'all would post some similar sounding songs that would be cool.

p.s. i think at some point they had reggae with hip hop beats. i know that was probably the dj that mixed those together but if anyone knows of some of that too that would be cool.

2. what other music u into??

3. toots and the maytals
    burning spear
    mf doom
    bob marley (caution is the most badass song ever)

4. Geto Boys....downloadd

5. DJ Hype - Coming in Good. 420420420 - good call on toots and the maytals

6. I'm just going to list all the reggae artists i have in my itunes:

2nd Street Dreads, Abyssinians, African Musuem All Stars, The Aggrovators, Alpha Blondy, Anthony B, Anthony Johnson, Augustus Pablo, Brent Dowe, Barrington Levy, Beenie Man, Beres Hammond, Black Roots, Black Uhuru, Bob Marley, Bobby and Tommy, Buju Banton, Bunny Wailer, Burning Spear, Coco Tea, The Congos, Cosmo Fraser, Culture, Damien Marley, Dennis Bovell, Dennis Brown Derrick Morgan, Desmond Dekker, Don Carlos, Easy Star All-Stars, Eek-A-Mouse, Eric Donaldson, The Gladiators, Gregory Isaacs, Groundation, The Heptons, Horace Andy, I-Roy, Inner Circle, Israel Vibration, Jacob Miller, Jimmy Cliff, Joe Gibbs, Junior Kelly, Junior Murvin, Kaly Live Dub, King Tubby, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Leroy Smart, Lion Youth, Macka B, Matisyahu, Max Romeo, Melodians, Midnite, Mike Brooks, Morgan Heritage, Mystic Roots, Peter Tosh, The Pioneers, The Revolutionaries, Richard Ace, Roots Raddics, Sean Paul, Sizzla, Steel Pulse, Studio One Scorcher's, Super Cat, Tanya Stephens, Tapper Zukie, Tenor Saw, Third World, Tommy McCook, Toots and the Maytals, U-Roy, The Upsetters, Yellowman, and Ziggy Marley.

Hope it helps.

7. i really like all kinds of music. i can listen to almost anything. i mainly like alternative rock (the strokes, gorillaz, the vines, just some right now) and i also like rap. i've never really listened to underground rap though. thanks for all the help guys.

8. danger Doom, i cant stand rap but i love this album, danger mouse knows how to make some amazing beats, just like the gorillaz album