Looking for some opinions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Massmeds420, Jun 8, 2017.

1. I'm kind of running outta space in my 3x3 was looking to put up a net and flip to flower . Should I trim this girl ? If so where I'm clueless where and what . I was just gonna try to bend them down more and cut out a few bigger fan leaves . I know some people say don't defoliage in flower but my buddy said do it first two weeks of flower. Just looking for input.
    Edit for pic
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I would do it now before you flip..Those huge fans will block bud sites from the light they need..JMHO
    Just go slow and begin with the oldest fan leaves..You can also tuck some out of the way!

BTW: Nice MONSTER you have there!:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks buzzer appreciate it . I was thinking now too . I really don't like the idea of stressing them during flower , but what's the deal . Will they grow back that quick . Like say I trim let em recover and flip a week later . No need to trim in flower right ? Or nah ?

4. They will not grow back..
    The plant will divert all energy from those larger leaves to those that get light..Eventually diverting energy to buds while in flower..It is always better to tuck away leaves rather than to cut..(if needed..do not be afraid to trim lightly)..You are right..I would not trim in flower..Some do, but I am somewhat of a noob and prefer to take it the safe way.
    Here is my 1st grow as of May 24th, just before harvest..LST and Scrog on 4 ladies..
    Got 1.1 lbs trimmed and dried so far, and still have 1 more plant to harvest!:)

5-24-17  Before the Flush.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Haha nice harvest bud . I read up a lot on the dos and fonts but always appreciate someone's input . What strains and setup where yours

6. Thanks:)
    1-Acaculpo Gold bagseed from MMJ + one 00 Kush + one Gorilla Wreck #4+ one Big Easy OG.

Setup is a Vivosun 3x3x6 tent + 2x meizhi 450 reflectors (maybe 225-250 true watts) + a DIY side lighting thing..Since added a Nextlight Mini and am testing a Unit Farm UFO80 (sponsor here)
    Soil= FFOF w/25% xtra perlite and Canna Terra nutes..Bud Enhancer=Ginormous and finally Backstrap Molasses to sweeten up the pie:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Is it just that one plant in the 3x3

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nah I have a few others . [​IMG]

9. Nice man I'll def check out your grow journal . Pre gaming for game 3 of NBA finals . I'll be honest I've been on this site a while and read up about 6 months after we legalized here before I grew . I'll be happy if I make it to harvest no problems . I have that same tent . Did the little pin holes effect flowering ?

10. I had about 5 that size in my 4x4 in week 5 ish i had to send one to my other grow its makin clones right now but there would have been no way fitting them all in there looking like they do now i have no space watering is back breaking since i only have real access through the front tent door. I did alot of training, defoliating supercropping minor lst. Is there any chance of getting another tent setup or larger tent cause your full now and flower stretch makes em monsters.

11. I was advised to run mh for the 1st 10 days of flower to cut down on stretch but i dunno their done but damn i can only bring the light up 8 more inchs

12. Nah I can rehome one or two of the smaller if need be ... I mean worst case scenario i can buy another tent and setup .. you think I can get a decent flower setup for -500$? I have bigger priorities right now . I really don't want to invest more money into a one time grow but I will if necessary . I would put them outside or a few at least but New England weather blows man . How many hours of direct sunlight outside is needed you think ?

13. Watch they don't reveg, if you put them outside after flipping. depends how many daylight hours you

Check out my Outdoor grow

Outdoor grow

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yea you have to look at your exact location to determine hours

• Like Like x 1
  15. Infamous can you give me some tips on pruning .

16. Hmm you are in flower so you got about 2 weeks maybe less based on their size u can train defoliate ect. Remove no more than 20% no more than 5 days apart each time you do. You can still supercrop but dont go nuts. Remember u still need fans but not the yellowing under growth or as many giants at the top of the canopy and drop ur light 10 inchs above

• Like Like x 1
  17. 500$ i can direct u what to buy pm me if interested. You want to improve or just a whole setup both could be great. 1000w hps setup ur gonna need to run a dedicated breaker to run all off one breaker or outlet.