Looking for some lighting advice

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Bestweedismygoal, Sep 19, 2017.

1. This is my first grow and I don't have much money to put out. I have 2 2foot red/blue LED and 2 2foot fluorescent T5 bulbs. They're 9 inches above the tops of my plants and are very cool. Almost no heat at all. Just looking for some advice on is this looks good. Any advice is welcome. Thanks. Here's some pics. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Here's one of my plants I fimmed. It looks like it's stretching but I'm afraid to put the lights closer. Would it burn?[​IMG][​IMG]

3. t5's you want to be about 1-1.5" away "closer the better", as for the led bars I don't know man.

man honestly it looks like you cut the fan leaves off. fimming done right produces three shoots. but you have to cut in the middle of the growth.

growweedeasy.com is a good sit to get started, as well as grace city

4. If it were me I'd prop the little plants up to be at the same height as the larger plants....that...or I'd top the larger ones. That way you can get the light at the same height above the tops of the plants and hopefully some of the smaller ones will catch up.

IMO, you don't want to go TOO big before you flip because those lights aren't powerful enough to penetrate very far into the plant. Everything at the bottom will starve for light and stretching will drive you crazy/piss you off/fuck your yield.

Best of luck.

5. Thanks to both you guys. Like I said I'm just starting and learning with bag seeds before I step up and buy some good seeds. I'll definitely prop the little guys up to the same level. I didn't even think of that. I'll also move my T5 down a few inches as well. I had the LED's right on top of them but one of them got what some called sunburn so I moved them up. I know this grow probably won't be that good but I'm trying to perfect my grow area. Awesome advice and thanks for taking the time to help.