Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Looking for some Insight

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Mr.Otter, Mar 28, 2014.

1. #1 Mr.Otter, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    Hey guys I don't post much but I read a lot. Just looking for some insight.

I recently stopped smoking after smoking everyday for about 2 years I'm on my second day. I just want to sober up and refocus to get my priorites back aligned. I just got into the cycle were I just got bored and decided to smoke to cure my boredom and it went from a bowl or 2 a day to 3-5 a day depending on how busy I was. It just got to a point where I wasn't enjoying it as much as I used to my tolerance is really high.

Now that my mind is clearing up a bit I just keep comparing how I felt about my buzz when I first started to smoke and when I stopped nearly 2 days ago. When I first started I loved it I felt like it made everything more enjoyable it was a joy in my life not a burden. It helped me take on tasks that I usually couldn't stand doing. At the time I was buying 25 dollar quarters so it wasn't high quality at all but It seemed great. Then at some point things changed I got into a loop of smoking early in the day and then chasing a buzz for the rest and I ended up being in a state where I was either stoned all the time or feeling hazy from coming down from being stoned. I was buying 100 dollar quarters at this point of some good dank.

My first day of being sober wasn't easy but it doesn't sound nearly as bad as other stories I've heard but I guess my real question is if I started smoking again in a few weeks or a month will I enjoy it again or will I just go back into my old cycle? I think the key to enjoying smoking again and not letting it get out of hand is just moderation and setting a standard. It's not something I'm willing to give up on just yet because I honestly love smoking but I can't go back to my old ways.

Sorry I know my post is long but I'll appreaciate your help!

2. Try smoking smaller amounts. It seems your biggest problem is with consumption. Start smoking less in sessions, it'll begin to lower your tolerance and you'll save weed and, if you limit your sessions, will balance your consumption altogether.

3. If you smoke later in the day, the temptation (and time) to smoke multiple times should be lower.

Stay Scheming, Stay Frosty

4. yeah try smoking smaller amounts and not that often

5. Take a break, about a month and you should be all good. Your tolerance will have gone down and that first toke after your break will be awesome. Once you start up after the break don't smoke so much use weed to enhance life not control it. 

6. OCCUPY YOURSELF! Read a book, or a series of books, paint miniature figurines, go to the gym, anything to keep your mind off the bud. If/when the break gets unbearable, just try to think of this: The longer you go without smoking, the stronger your next high is going to be.

7. Great advice!  :hello:  I'll definitley cut back once I start again it's just a win-win situation.

8. i didn't even read what you wrote but from comments it seems like i need to take the same advice.