Looking for some help (Please read, I think I'm going insane)

Discussion in 'General' started by StrictlyStrange, Mar 6, 2011.

1. #1 StrictlyStrange, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011
    Lemme start by saying that I'm a pretty experienced weed smoker, and I have always enjoyed it, but recent events have kind of freaked me out a little bit. Also, I dip a lot of tobacco (I don't know if this has anything to do with all of this, but what ever.) I also have obstructive sleep apnea, which makes me feel like shit because I don't get a normal night of sleep, and I've blamed this on some bad trips.

About 3 weeks ago, me and my friend bought a sack for about $5 (I'm assuming that it was mids, but I wasn't sure of the quality). We went over to this girls house that her family vacations to to smoke. We packed a bowl and smoked out of that, and everything was fine until some other people showed up and wanted to smoke a blunt. Then I started to get really, really, really paranoid, saying that I had to go home and go to sleep and what not. So we load up and go to Taco Bell where I ordered a quesadilla, but I was unable to even finish one little slice of it. I got home and everything was fine, I just had to unwind and chill out.

The worst started last week, my same friend said that they still sold Spice at a gas station nearby, because at the time we couldn't find pot. So I buy that and we get some Zig-Zags, but we didn't smoke it together, I smoked it later that night alone. This is when the terror started.

I was in the shower (after smoking) and this rush of anxiety and fear just fell over me, and I found it necessary to get out of the shower, towel off and go to bed. After I did that, I started to freak out a little bit and finally got myself together and went to lay down. As I was laying there, I could feel my heart beating abnormally fast (even faster then when I smoke weed), and I started to get a pain in my chest. I also found it extremely hard to breathe. I convinced myself that I was going to have a heart attack, and that I needed to get to wake my parents up and get to a hospital. Luckily, I did neither of those and finally was able to go to sleep.

I woke up the next morning still shaken up from the previous night, but I was feeling normal again. I went and got some food, and on the journey back to my lair (which felt like 15 minutes), I felt the high from last night coming back, but not as strong, and I started to get freaked out again, but it went away after about 5 hours.

The next day, me and the same friend went to the county fair with a few other people, and while I was sitting at a table, this wave of pure insanity came over me, and I started texting my cousin some crazy as shit. At this point I was seriously loosing it.

Fast forward to this week. I bought about a gram and a half from a fellow peer at my place of education, and went home that night, and smoked it out of a joint I rolled. That high was perfectly fine, and I didn't feel any fear at all, and I went to sleep fine that night. The next night, I smoked about the same amount of weed as the night before, and it was fine at first, but then I started to get this wacky fear and anxiety back. Once again I felt that I needed to sleep it off.

The latest event happened last Friday. I woke up, and went to school as normal. I actually felt rested this time, and like normal I went to school. At about 9:30, I felt like I had just smoked a bowl, and got super high again. I have no idea where this came from, and I tried to go on with my day like normal and not raise any suspicion. The high lasted longer than ever. It lasted from 9:30am to about 4:00pm. One of the scariest days of my life for some reason.

Sorry for the long wall of text, but some other experienced smokers may be able to help me. I seriously feel like I'm loosing it, and don't know what to do.

Anything at all would help.

Edit: The spice that I bought was called Red Magic, it was the pomegranate flavor. I know spice is bad for you, but I had to go on a weed hiatus and I smoked a lot of spice, but I didn't have any negative effects from it, no bad trips or anything.

2. #2 Royksopp, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011
    Weed can cause anxiety (but it can also help with it).

You taking any meds or something? I don't know what would be wrong. Any recent events that fucked with your head? Maybe you need to see a doctor.

3. No, I'm not on any sort of medication, and nothing recent has happened that would cause any sort of anxiety...

4. Thats what they all say (been there)

5. I'm not following..

6. The "high" you are experiencing though is actually anxiety in itself, or an offspring form of it. Basically what is happening is that you are so concerned that something is wrong with you your brain is becoming tired, thus creating the feeling that you get. Trust me man, it's all in your head. I've been there, it's hard to overcome. But you can definitely do it. My advice: put the pipe down for awhile (especially for the spice, fuck that faulty shit man.) Take it easy, just realize it's all in your head. Then maybe things will start to cool down. Good luck bro.

7. It was probably that spice shit.

8. Thanks for the advice man, like I said, anything really helps. I just feel like theres something seriously wrong.

I also did have a little brush with anxiety though, I always had the feeling that someone was going to kill me while I was sleeping, had a lot of sleepless nights.

Also probably the reason.

9. Yeah man it is definitely scary. I remember how hellish it was. All I did was distract myself and not think about it and the next thing I knew, it wasn't an issue. That took me months of course because I had to discover that on my own, and I didn't wanna take the anti-anxiety medication route cause that shit is addictive. The mind is a very powerful and complex tool that's for sure.

10. Aye mayne, this same shit happened to me when I was younger. I couldn't explain in, it felt like a wave of pure anxiety washed over me and it kept rising until it disappeared as quickly as it appeared. Went away after a minute, don't know what the fuck caused it; maybe it was all those rollz...

11. This is your problem i think.

My roommate dips as well... and if he smokes after taking a dip, he freaks the fuck out! He gets all dizzy and scared and wants to lay down and go away. Last time he got sick and threw up. He smokes a lot with me, but the three times he did after he had taken a dip recently, like within the past 2 hours, before that he got so paranoid and freaked out and sick. He said he felt like he was too high or something is not right. So now we make sure that his dip has completely worn off before we smoke any weed and he has to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated during.

Hope that helps... good luck!

12. I think that also might be a factor. The first time I dipped I got all dizzy n' shit and had to lay down, but never thought that weed & dip would conceive some sort of demonic child that would nearly wreck my life... Strange.

13. yeah, i mean i dont know that it is your problem, just letting you know what i know haha.

14. Naw man, thanks for the advice.

Sorry to all if it sounds like I'm ranting about my troubles, but I don't know of any other place to turn to for help.

15. I am convinced your paranoia from smoking the weed you smoked before you smoked the spice, was just a coincidence and doesn't have anything thing to do with this problem you are experiencing now.

Spice is evil. Not all people have bad reactions, but MANY do. I have heard it is best when you take two hits and call it quits. That is because it is much more potent than weed, and it is very easy to smoke too much. Did you know that people have overdosed and died from Spice?

Your mind is causing you to have anxiety attacks that feel like your experience on Spice. Your mind is very powerful and you are worrying about getting the fear and anxiety you had on Spice and your brain is obliging you by giving you an anxiety attack. You need to stop smoking for a while and work on knowing you are ok and that you can beat these anxiety attacks. The first thing you should do when you have an attack is distract yourself. Have a cold shower so you can't think about the fear. Watch a really good movie and get into it completely. Fix yourself some good food and totally enjoy it. And ignore it. When you get better at ignoring it, you won't have to distract yourself, it'll just start going away.

I had a run of panic attacks because of my Sleep Apnea. I was afraid of going to sleep. I kept waking up in panic attacks where I just couldn't breathe. It got so bad I would have a panic attack from just laying my head on my pillow at night. I found taking a hot bath would calm me down and distract me enough so I could prop myself up in bed and fall asleep. I wouldn't lie down to go to sleep because I felt it was making my breathing worse (which was most likely not true).

I read part of a book on panic attacks. The book was on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It basically said that what you believe in your head is reality for you and to change behaviors you need to change your thinking. This applies to panic attacks as well as anxiety attacks. So first thing you have to do is convince yourself that you are normal except your brain is stuck on a weird loop which only you can change by just ignoring it.

Reading even part of that book convinced me that I was normal and that I needed to change my thinking. Then the attacks just plain stopped. I wish that for you my friend. Good Luck!

16. Thank you for this, this really helps. I realize that the mind is a very powerful thing, and in some situations it can really fuck you sideways. I really wonder if I'm just having a string of anxiety/panic attacks.