Looking for recipe

Discussion in 'General' started by maryy, May 25, 2015.

1. I was wondering if there was a recipe for weed Popsicles if anyone has one Please let me know

2. #2 Storm Crow, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
    Ask BadKittySmiles- she's our Queen of Cannabis Cuisine! 

My take would be that it would have to be added as a tincture to your juice.  THC is soluble in oils, alcohol and glycerin, but not water. Oils won't work well in this case- they'd float to the top and wouldn't freeze.

So that leaves either an alcohol or glycerin tincture.  Alcohol tinctures are a bit faster to make, but the alcohol may pool up due to "freeze distillation". (Pioneer way of distilling a barrel of slightly alcoholic cider- freeze it solid and at the center will be a pool of kick-ass hard cider.) However, if your popsicle mold has fairly tight tops, giving the popsicles a couple of gentle shakes during the freezing process might prevent this. Use Everclear or other high proof booze to make your tincture. (40% booze will work but it takes a much longer time and makes a weaker, inferior product)

Food grade glycerin is available at the local health food store and is a thick, slightly sweet syrup. It would be what I would use in this case. Unlike alcohol, glycerin will not burn your mouth.

Granny

3.  +1 on BadKittySmiles. Look her up on here. Her edibles pictures will literally make your mouth water. She has hundreds of recipes.