Looking for poor man's grow guide.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Doobius, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Alright, I'm getting set to move out of my crib and I am sick of dealing with the wack ass jersey dealers who sell schwag like it's Purple Haze. Therefore, I wanna get into growing myself.

I am looking into buying a hydroponic box for about $100, but I still need some lights and nutrients and all that stuff. Anyone have any suggestions on a CHEAP but quality setup? I'm not trying to grow high quality sticky icky. I'd be happy with some schwags to roll some J's with and chill, just sick of going thru the middle men and getting jipped.

Thanks for any advice :)

2. check you're pm box...i sent you a guide that has some info on hydro....Peace out...Sid

3. unless you can find a friend that will sell you they're equipment for cheap, you wont be able to start a good crop with under a 100 dollars...

4. I disagree on that. If you have the seeds already.

70 HPS lamp costs $52 dollars at homedepot cord $2 dollars

A Pot costs $5 dollars
    potting soil for a good quality soil $4 dollars

or for a hydro system...
    bucket 5 dollars or free.
    lid for bucket $2.50
    netpot. $1.50
    nutes $30
    medium $5

so for a soil grow - $61
    for a hydro grow - $98

so YES if you need seeds it will throw you over 100 dollar mark but it dont have to.

5. if your gonna grow dont waste your time trying to skimp and save on your lighting system you can get a decent 400 hps for around 200 but your still gonna need some flouros

6. 400 hps on it's own will do from germination to harvest!
    See "DuTaz" posts that's exactly the set up he is using.