Looking for opinions.

Discussion in 'General' started by Zooph, Jan 31, 2014.

1. I smoked heavily for about five years straight. Ounce a week steadily. Around June last year I got into guns. I got paranoid about my smoking. I enjoyed guns so much that I was afraid of getting caught with bud and losing my right to carry, or even worse, risking felony possession and losing my right to bear arms in general. I choose guns over bud, all day. But there's no denying the raw benefits of marijuana. I have IBS, lack of an appetite at times from all the stomach troubles, I hate the side effects of any prescription medicine I've been prescribed for it, or just about anything else. I also have a recurring problem with kidney stones, with accompanying nausea. Nothing helped either of these things more than marijuana. I quit smoking about7 months ago on July 4th. Since then I've looked for a bunch of different "outlets" if you will. I still hate the prescription meds, and I can't find much to help me sleep. I've tried NyQuil, zzzquil, Benadryl, and most often, liquor. Liquor helps me sleep, undoubtedly. But I hate it. A good drink every now and then is fine, but I'm falling into the habit of drinking nightly to go to sleep. I'll admit that depending on anything is never good, but at least with marijuana it wasn't harmful to my health. Alcohol has painfully visible side effects. Very undesirable. It does wonders to help me sleep, but does nothing for my stomach issues.I guess what I'm asking is, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?My old dealer was a friend I grew up with. He's a responsible guy. Doesn't take risks as he has a family. Delivers to my door. My current job doesn't drug test, I make decent money for my age.So what would you do? Start back and just smoke less? Smoke a small amount as needed? Maybe keep a quarter ounce on hand or so_Or not risk it for the "what if".If you need more info just let me know. I'm just looking for personal opinion. Thanks!

2. Personally in your situation I would sell my guns, but that's because I am not obsessed with them like so many people seem to be. For you though, if you are really scared to smoke because you think you will get a felony, just learn how to meditate an use binaural beats to fall asleep.

3. Smoke already

4. What state do you live in?  I would keep toking and just keep the guns and ammo in a locked container in a different room from any cannabis or smoking gear

5. #5 nascarfan, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    Well in my case, my second amendment right is way more important to be than marijuana. But it's kind of a moot point for me, because I decided that weed wasn't a good fit for me during this period of my life a couple years ago, way before my interest in guns and what not.

In your case, I see you have two options here. Either stop toking and have less to worry about, or keep it on the DL as much as possible and hope for the best. If you keep it in your home only. No riding around with it. No toking out and about. Chances are you'll be fine.

6. Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I haven't smoked in 7 months. I've recently gotten the urge to pick it back up again. If I smoked it would be only at home, never riding around or any bs like that. This brings my next question. I've got some left overs, that are now 7 months old, in my grinder. The grinder has been stored in a cool, dry place for this time. Should I be okay to smoke it? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391202762.866122.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391202773.996301.jpg The picture with the scraper in it is the keef tray. My main concern is the purple stuff. I can't remember if purp was the last thing I smoked, but those leafs are definitely purple. Opinions?

7. I would smoke the old pot....

Also... you have to do something to draw attention to yourself before anyone is going to bust you for being a pothead... Just be smart and you will be fine...

8. #9 IvGotMilk, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    Just smoke less, your tolerance level will be right down after 7 months... To get high for 2 hours all I do is take a one hitter. Whereas with joints I can smoke as many as I want, but the high will still still have faded after 2 hours from the last joint. Think how much weed you can potentially waste with joints !!