Looking for opinions on my next tattoo

Discussion in 'General' started by Mogwai, Jul 29, 2012.

1. So I have my right side tattooed already, and I want to get my left torso done too. I have two ideas, but only one side left to do. The side of the upper torso (like nip level) is the sickest place for a tattoo I think, and it's permanent, so I gotta make the space count.

I'm planning on it being text only. Got two quotes I'm debating on. Them being these, with the lines separated as I'd have them tat'd:

"Only after you lose everything
    Are you free to do anything"
    (fight club, yo)

or my recent sig

"I could buy myself a reason
    I could sell myself a job
    I could hang myself for treason
    For I am my own damn god"
    (Modest mouse, yo)

those are the two I'm debating. Which do you like more?

And don't tell me to just pick what fits me most. Both of these mean represent a big part of what I think makes me "me". They're equally representative and equally significant. And they are equally as fucking awesome to me. So I'm asking you, if for nothing else, than for fun. So just pick, yo.

2. first one. short and sweet as fuck.

3. I like the first one better, it speaks to me of my own experiences. It would be even cooler if translated into Latin.

4. Get a tat of slowpoke!

But yeah Id go with the fight club quote.

5. First one man

6. The fight club quote would be cool. I am currently trying to finish a sleeve and am thinking of stuff to get also

7. Only after you lose everything, are you free to do anything!

Get that done man it'll be sweet:smoke:

8. First one, second is too long

9. That kinda like Janis Joplin's "Freedom's just another word for nothin left to lose".

10. Damn, so not a single person prefers the second?

11. [quote name='"Mogwai"']Damn, so not a single person prefers the second?[/quote]

Well I mean its up to you. Don't let some random people online decide your ink. If you like the second one more, get that one. But like everyone else said, the first one!

12. Word. I'm not letting online opinions sway me. I just thought it'd be more even haha

13. When I'm trying to choose between two things I flip a coin. I don't go with which side the coin lands on but rather that in that brief moment the coin is in the air I know what I really want.

14. Definitely the fight club quote, The other ones a bit long