Looking for new Lighting.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by SpaceMonkey2612, Sep 14, 2018.

1. My vote is QB/Cob Combo

IMG_8339.JPG IMG_8695.JPG

2. Funny you say that. I just got off rapidled and watching a few diy videos. I think I wanna build my own combo of cob and led. It didn’t look to hard to build. Especially if you get the quick\easy connect holders for cobs Rapidled has cree cobs and leds. I’ve nvr priced but they didn’t seem too bad.

3. I rly like the set up and look of it. If it isnt to costly I’d like to do it but replace the QBs with a diy led set up with a broader rang of specs

U have 7-800$ in it?

4. I really have been thinking about a diy job for the last week or so. Just don't have the money to invest that much right now lol

5. I was planning on getting two more of what I have now hans 180w led panels. Led Watts is 160. They cost 349$ each. I only got a couple hundred in my piggy bank atm. But for another what I was gonna pay for two more hans I could prob build two more 150w panels and some side lighting

6. I have only just bought all my setup and on my first grow still.
    I just wish I had looked a bit more in depth at lighting before I bought everything.
    I do want to change to white light, and I also want side lights because I have loads of bud sites below my canopy that I need to beef up lol

7. No coco Hempy bottom fed tubing

8. It's 2 complete systems put together on a frame. the 6 Cob set up is 300 W I got from Timbergrowlights and the quantum boards 260 W from HLG. 560w total + I also have 2 QB120's from Amazon. Makes for a solid nugs.
    I'm starting a new run this is my second with the system and I'm glad to see in the last year everybody seems to want one for good reasons.

9. This was 10 days ago
    IMG_8522.JPG

Now
    IMG_8722.JPG

Soil is too slow for me.

10. So is that 560W draw from wall?
    How much did that cost in total to get together?

11. I am def interested in the QB but say I wanted to build a panel with cree leds. What would I need to buy to mount the leds to? I’ll prob pay a lil more and go with the non solder ones.

12. Yes. 560 from wall. Hard to say. About $350ish but can be done cheaper. Follow and read Tbones threads.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aluminum angle frame. Rivets or screws. Ect ect

14. Where abouts can I find tbones thread?
    If it can be done for less than $350 I'm gonna give it a serious look.
    I am in UK tho, so might not be able to get as good prices as yourself

15. Although the cob/qb light looks awesome and probably performs well, I would highly recommend building seperate fixtures for your space. This way you can raise and lower lighting in sections according to plant height. @Yar the qbs are about as full spectrum as you can get from a white light Led

569E6AD1-BF1A-4541-BDA6-AB0EE090642B.png

• Like Like x 1
  16. So that is 4x 120w lights?
    So 480w total draw from wall for just $125??
    Not bad

17. If I bought this would I just need to buy drivers for them?

Attached Files:

18. I’d put those in with the two I have. For a total of about 620w