Looking for new Lighting.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by SpaceMonkey2612, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Those gorilla tents are amazing. I love mine. I'll never buy another brand again

2. I was looking before I started, and as the money was not a great issue, I looked and got the feeling that the gorilla tents were the best on the market, so went for it. And as I'm tight on space, I went for two 2x4

3. This is from the beginning of my grow back in July.
    My first ever grow. Kind of jumped head first into it and learnt most as I went on lol 20180722_175149.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yes I purchased three of the 4 qb120 kits from amazon and made 3 lights

• Like Like x 1
  5. Do you have any links I could have a look at these because I can't seem to fine them?

7. One driver for every 4 boards. These are 3000k in the link. Good flowering spectrum. There are 4000k panels available too. Good for veg. I have a 4000k and a 3000k in flower room and start and finish under the 4000k

• Like Like x 1
  8. So what is the actual watt draw from the wall? And all that's needed is to secure them 4 panels to a heatsink and make 1 complete light?
    Would the 1 panel light be ok for my 2x4 tent from planting to harvest or would I need the 4000k also?
    Sorry but I am a noob still lol

9. Why not just a 4x4? Or is it in different spaces.
    I always wanted one but went cheap first since I had other obligations. I have a cheap la garden 2x2, vivosun 4x4 and now gorilla 2x4.
    La garden actually messed up and sent me 2 tents and 2 carbon filter/fans. Of course, I kept them ;D

And that's usually the way it goes. Jump right in and learn as you go. I know my first grow was started in a window and moved to cfls then a cheap blurple led , and now I'm running with quantums and gorilla. Funny how quick things change.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I’m currently running a mars hydro 300w. Is the hlg 65 4K worth the upgrade? I’m on a budget...should I save up for the one of the other models?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. One 4 board setup would be perfect for your space. All you need is aluminum angle, 18 ga solid wire, an old extension cord, and some crimp connectors or wagos

No heat sink needed

12. What do you plan to do with it ? Flower ?
    I would suggest if you have the extra money get at least the 100 . I have a 65 but I only use it for veg or clones which it works perfect for that and I'm sure it could flower a single plant but for 50 extra dollars you get a for sure flower light with extra watts

13. Also what's your space?

14. Yes I am restricted by space, so I have the 2 gorilla tents side by side.
    I had to go for the shorty range also because of height restrictions too, and now I am in the process of building a separate scrub box to do both tents with just the one exhaust fan and carbon filter. This will open up more headroom for me in both tents

15. Ok, sounds good to me.
    So there isn't much heat from this then?
    And what is the actual wattage draw from the wall?
    I'm gonna look into this because that price isn't bad really
    And this would see me nicely from seed to harvest?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Best light available imo. 240 watts

17. I have a 2x2 floor space

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Check out Hans led panels. A 180w would be more then enough for a 2x2. U can see what I’ve gotten from them in my post. Tbh tho if ur tight on money a full cfl grow u can get some primo smoke. U can easily get 5-600 wats of 2700-3000k cfls and only use 200osh actual watts. It’s worth starting out with then if u don’t have $ for nice leds. Don’t get those cheap mars or anything like them

19. Yeah the 65 would veg it fine, and I know a few people that have flowered a single plant with it but I would save up and just grab the 135k or even the 160

I run the 135 kit in my 2x2 at max power (150watts)

1537093941533.jpg 1537093948600.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. I veg with about 1000w of cfl and two t5 strips. One on each lvl. A lil over 500w of 65k cfl each lvl. I’ve nvr flowered b4 or with 2700/3000k cfls but that was the plan at first. So I’ve seen journals of several cfl grows. Vegging in 65k and flowering with 27k and 3k cfls. They got some great looking bud.