looking for my first strain

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newbgrower420, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Getting into my first grow and I'm looking for my first strain. I am looking to grow indoors with a DWC. What I am looking for is about a 2 month turn around from clone to starting harvest, if this is not advisable let me know. Looking for a heavy budder and I know I want to start with an indica, so any suggestions?

2. your going to need a auto flower plant. i think they have some that are done that quik. not going to get some big buds like if you had the patience and just grew it normally

3. 2 months is fine if you're counting from a rooted clone. I've grown a couple indicas, but I'm not a big fan of any of them just because I prefer sativas much more. Out of the ones I've grown though GHS Lemon Skunk was the best. Shit is strong as hell and very frosty.

4. Try to find the Purple Durban land race going around. If you start it in the first week of June it will easily finish at the end of august nice in early. I assume indoors. These are some old African seeds from the funk in the day. Its rare but its my damn favorite grow. I grow it every year and every year it gets better. It turns purple. There isnt alot of the true ones out there. The real one turns purple. I have also worked on breeding it with Kali Mist. Turned out great. Its a great early finishing sativia.

5. Thanks for all the great replies! An I have been looking at the afghan, I'm glad you agree and to hear it is what I expected. Now with an auto-flower plant I cannot have a mother plant correct? Just want to make sure so I can grab a second strain to grow also, so I can setup cloning. I would like to have 2 batches turning opposite of each other so I have a harvest every mo.

6. #7 Doc-J, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    [quote name='"newbgrower420"']Thanks for all the great replies! An I have been looking at the afghan, I'm glad you agree and to hear it is what I expected. Now with an auto-flower plant I cannot have a mother plant correct? Just want to make sure so I can grab a second strain to grow also, so I can setup cloning. I would like to have 2 batches turning opposite of each other so I have a harvest every mo.[/quote]

No, autoflowers do not work well for cloning.

7. That is what I thought thanks!

8. For my first batch I would like this turn around, by the time I harvest I'll have 3 batches going, so I can still have a harvest every mo, but giving them a bit more time to grow/flower. Also once it starts getting nice ill be trying 1-2 outside to see what kind of monsters I can get out of that :)

9. if you get normal auto seed and not feminized to start you could get a male and 1 female on their own and you could save on buying seeds for a while.
    Middy

10. Ya, I'm getting all fem seeds, so hoping to get 1 turn fem out of the 3 I have on the way. When i ordered I also got kaya 47 from advanced seeds, and then got a few freebies with the order, dinafem seeds sweet deep grapefruit and shark attack. The afghan ryder will be my first with the others starting about a week after, I want to be able to flower them as long as they need. And the afghan should be ripe much faster, according to the company.

Ill be doing the rumple DWC buckets, 4 of them in a 36dx84hx96w but will only be using half of the room until I get a second 600w hps. Supplemental lighting will be 4-8 5w warm white leds on the top of each bucket shooting up through the canopy, and 4 Mini lotus 125w cfl warm white(dam thing is 12"x4" lol). They claim 9500lm, so we will see but those will go in between the plants. Seems from what I have seen light penetration is key to having a large harvest along with some training and not zapping the plant with to many nuits. Having said nuits thats the last thing I need to look into, what brand I"ll use and if I'll just go with the basics. I have some free time today so i may design both my grow and veg room in sketchup, planning an pretty cool setup to help drain buckets with out having to move them.

*** I have 3 of each seed coming also, so 12 seeds, 4 kinds all femed, if i get 1/3 on each ill be very happy!