Looking for lighting suggestions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chris....., Jul 4, 2018.

1. Ive built a grow room thats about 8'x5'x7' and im wondering how many watts of light i should use and what kind of lights im hope on getting around 10 to 20 pounds a havest

Sent from my LG-H636 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Hi and welcome to GC.

So you expect between 1/4 to 1/2 pound per square foot? ok...

For 40sqft with HPS would require ~ 2000 watt.
    with PCB/LED ~ 1600 watt. This is the better route for canopy coverage.

I'm just going to say, you don't not sound experienced because of the unrealistic numbers you are hoping to achieve.

I would estimate 2-5 lbs for an experienced grower in that space. I'm not including larf.

3. Two 1000w mh/hps will cover it. There are other options, all will be more expensive and most will have better spectrum or more efficiency, which allows maybe less wattage and heat. But compare everything to two 1000w hid before you buy. And if money is no object be sure to take a look at Blackdog before you buy your qb boards.

4. Is that a typo? 10-20 lbs in a 8x5? lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Do you have grow experience?

6. Pretty funny that timber fixture is two of the qb320xl's in my first link with a metal box around them. I can see the same heat sinks on them.

7. Yeah sorry to say but youre not gonna be pullin 10-20 pounds in there any time soon mate. I reckon i could maybe get 4 pound from that space at a push and im an alright grower. Pros could maybe get 6ish but cant see many people managing that number.
    You want about 50w per square foot for blurples/hps/cmh lights so yeah 2000w will cover it spot on.
    For the higher end lights like tbones pointed out there its a bit less. 35w ish i believe.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Ahh hey tbone. Took your advice and switched from lst to supercropping...
    I definately owe you a smoke mate.
    Saving me countless hours and getting better results. Good lad

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's almost like magic. My plants are all bushes. They look like elm trees or something. Everyone looks at them and asks how many times I topped them. They're always confused when I say none.

The longer you practice it the less work it is.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Since I started super cropping myself I'm kind of wondering what the point of topping is tbh

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have some plants in veg I’m going to top in hopes of slowing growth down lol.
    Other than that I never top either.

12. I still top. I just did today. Not only that, I topped off node 3 pretty early on, its ~one week old now.
    I also supercrop though. There are many ways to train a plant ;)

13. Yeah see, I'm still doing it, but with the super cropping and all of the growth points popping up everywhere, other than to slow down growth of my clones that I don't have room for just yet, I get more out of just bending over some branches and tying them down from what I'm seeing. Granted I'm not expert, still on my virgin grow but, I have plants in my veg tent that I've been trying to mainline, and yes I see what it's doing but, with the super cropping there is growth all over the place that gets hit with the light.

14. I'm the only vote for mainline?

15. Not something ive ever seen the point in tbh.
    Makes a pretty plant but takes ages longer for less yield.
    Is there a point to it im missing?

16. Same opinion. It takes foooorrreeeevvveeeerrrr to veg a plant with mainline. But it does give you beautiful bag appeal buds.

• Like Like x 2
  17. hmm, I do it with autos, no time for it to take, I guess I just have a 2x2 one plant attitude. anyway, I voted. Like it says on my VW bumper sticker. "I grow pot and I vote!" (in GC topping polls.)

18. Got any pics mate? Only ever seen a few mainlined autos. Howd you get on with it?

19. above the third node, then at the first node on the two new tops, and then at the first node on each of those 4 tops for a total of 8. Then stand back and watch.