Looking for insight on first grow op...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Fini91, Jan 24, 2013.

1. #1 Fini91, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
    Hello This is my first attempt to grow and just wanted some input on my design and how I plan on growing everything.
    First off I will show you my basic sketchup of my grow closet.(See attachment)
    Note that those measurements are rounded.

Here are the supplies Im thinking on going with:
    Light for clones - Hydrofarm JST52 T5
    Amazon.com: Hydrofarm JST52 T5 Jump Start Light System, 2-Feet: Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Light for mother(s) - Sun Blaze T5 HO 22
    Amazon.com: Sun Blaze T5 HO 22 - 2 ft 2 Lamp: Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Light for flowering - Virtual Sun VS400WRMS 400-Watt
    Amazon.com: Virtual Sun VS400WRMS 400-Watt Hood HPS + MH Grow Light System Kit: Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Ventilation - Active Air Inline Fan 4''
    Active Air Inline Fan 4" 165 cfm - Amazon.com
    Water pump - EcoPlus Submersible Pump - 264 gph
    Amazon.com: EcoPlus Submersible Pump - 264 gph - 6.3 ft. max - 20W - 1/2 - 3/4 in. ID: Pet Supplies
    Co2 regulator
    Amazon.com: Titan Controls CO2 Regulator: Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Cloning compound
    Amazon.com: Clonex CLO100 Rooting Compound Gel, 100ML: Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Growing medium
    Amazon.com: Grodan Rockwool Gro Blocks 4x4x4 with holes: Patio, Lawn & Garden
    And...
    Amazon.com: Grodan Rockwool Cubes (1.5 Inches) 45 Per Pack: Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Nutrients - Fox Farm Big Bloom
    Amazon.com: Fox Farm Big Bloom 1 Gallon: Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Im also getting the rest of the basic supplies. A PH tester, water nutes tester, ph balance, fan controllers, and timers.

The flower room will be watered by flood n drain and the rest will be by drippers I plan on. I think with this size of op I should be able to have 2 bud plants, 1-2 mothers in the veg room, and more then enough room for clones.

Heres afew questions on my mind, for the clones should I use the same nutes but just cut the dose? If not Im looking for a organic clone nutrients.
    Should the mother plants be on the same nute/pump as my budding plants?
    Should I keep my closet design and have a separate clone room or just put em in the veg/mother room?
    I will be venting to my attic and wondering if I should connect to one of the vents up there that goes outside or just vent in the attic. Where I live gets cold. Will you be able to see steam from the grow op ventilation?

I know Im forgetting abunch of stuff but thats all I can think of right now so please let me know what you guys think!!

Attached Files:

2. You should look into flood and drain would be perfect for you if you want to go hydro

Sent from iPhone 5

3. Yes I mentioned that I am for the budding plants atleast. Should I do the same for the clones n mother?

4. Get a cooled hood and a digital bassist it's worth the money that light be to hot

Sent from iPhone 5

5. Mothers in dirt way better

Not clones you would get the rock wool and then get the 6 in cubes and when you have your clone you put the small rock wool cube in the big one it has a cut out for it to fit

Sent from iPhone 5

6. This grow op is just part of the closet(server closet) so it will be cooled by my ac unit. Im also using a 4'' inline fan just for the grow section. So I don't think heat will be a problem.

7. No stem your good sorry answering as I read lol

Sent from iPhone 5

8. Maybe but if you have that fan pulling out it should be ok and it's cooled by your AC it's fine up to 80 and that's all IMO ad long as the airs moving

Sent from iPhone 5

9. Yes there will be plenty of fresh cool air. Whats so diff from a magnetic and electric ballast?

10. Does anyone else have opinions on my setup? Theres still afew Qs in my first post that havent been answered! Any help is greatly appreciated!