Looking for help with newly acquired plant!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by unitygrsrts, Sep 14, 2010.

1. A friend of mine recently gave me a plant he could no longer care for due to living arrangements. He does not really know a whole lot about growing so upon looking at the lil guy I noticed he was watering way too much as the cup felt waaayy heavy and leaves were drooping.

However what looks different from other grow journals I saw is that the stem is longer than most and very thin and weak. I'm thinking it could again be due to too much water or possibly not enough light? He just kept it in a window sill...

Anyways I'm looking for some input on what I can do to help this lil guy now that he/she is mine. Near the end of the week I'll be purchasing lighting, ferts etc for a separate project I;m starting and i'd like to include this plant.

THANKS!

Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      265 KB
      Views:
  2. you need lights asap, its stretched because it was looking for light. you want the lights as close as you can get them without burning it

3. #3 yoctown, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
    yep needs better light. You should get it under a cfl soon. Also cut some holes in the cup if there isn't to allow water to drain. I even cut slits on the sides for more air flow. I suggest u get a mh/hps for bud density. Cfl's don't cut it. 600w is the most efficient.

4. Pick up a triple pack 43w 6500k CFLs and a triple pack 43w 2700k CFLs at your local home depot or any place like that. If they sell 60w CFLs then get those instead. You're gonna want at least 100w minimum, the more the better!

Use the 6500k for a month of veg and then after a month switch them out for the 3 2700k bulbs.

I would transplant that plant into at least a 2 gallon pot asap also. Then transplant after a month of veg into a 5 gallon pot :)

Nutes are 2-1-2 ratio for veg and 1-3-1 for flowering.

5. I concur.....To much water and not enough light...Use fans to move air around and the heat from the light will help dry out soil and correct the stretching...

6. Thanks this helps a lot. I was unsure about kelvins and wattage. Waiting on a paycheck so hopefully by Thursday it will have better lights, but for now its sitting in the sun till dusk so i can set up a temporary 18" fluoro.

It will be transplanted to a larger pot by THursday as well, and grabbbing nutes Friday. Maybe this will be unofficial first grow journal?? :smoking:

7. Can we get a better/more pics of it? :)