Looking for feedback on new song

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by potsandplans, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Sounds great man! I didn't want that song to end haha.

The structure is a bit weird in places, and this is what I would try:

A 4 phrase intro instead of just the one you have now. Come in with the synth for 2 phrases, add some kick in the third and build heavy for the 4th. Maybe bring in that first alarm type sound for the final phrase starting real quite and building till the first beat of the verse.

And that piano in the verse mmm. Shits tight

Your first break down is great, and the build is phenomenal. Loving the anticipation that high hat brings. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't really go anywhere. I like the idea of the second breakdown after the build but the second one has to come in with a hard build up to the most powerful part of the song right after. Add in a chorus right after the mini break at 1:29 and save the rest after it for an outro.

As for the outro, I would love to hear you knock away layer by layer just leaving that wicked piano line for the last phrase or half phrase.

Just my 2c man, it's your song and it sounds great.

2. Thanks a lot for the crit man. Everyone always just says it's good or bad or something without giving any reason. I keep feeling that it's missing something, but couldn't put my finger on it. I'll try some of your suggestions and see how it sounds. Thanks again!

3. No problem man. Make sure to post it up when your all done!