looking for christmas advice

Discussion in 'General' started by okgoace, Nov 30, 2012.

1. So me and my girlfriend have been together for about two years, moved in to our house in August and now she wants to have her whole family(she's Spanish so like 20 people) come over on Christmas day after we do Christmas at my parents. I am against this but besides it making me uncomfortable idk why I dont want this besides it being a bunch of people in my house that are going to be loud and obnoxious on my relaxation day lol which I can't smoke and cant just dip to the gym.. Any input?

2. if yall were married i would understand. i much rather enjoy my day off at home in my boxers smoking all day also.

i didnt wanna do black friday with my wife, but i did....and a week later she is still showing me her apprechiation for me doing it. she did a great job last night :):):)::)

if you dont do it she is going to be mad and she wont let you forget it
    if you do do it, she will be happy for a while, plus her family will have a newfound respect for you

im sure the family will help out with some general cleaning

i would have them over, but keep the ball in your control. if you say yes right away, stright up you will loose any chance of keeping the situation in your control

be hesitant. tell her you dont wanna have to clean after everyone or any of that. tell her you will miss out on "your" time. most importantly, tell her you want to meet her family and you look forward to it. next she will do what she can to get you to let them come over

set some basic ground rules and you will win in the long run

3. Thats the thing were not married yet (not that it's forever away) but I did tell her to let me think it over for a week because mu initial response was no. I told her, give me a week and ill give you an answer.