Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Looking for CBD and CBN in weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DaPacem, Apr 12, 2015.

1. #1 DaPacem, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    Swim lives in a country where there are still no ways of getting medical marijuana so he needs to get street marijuana for his depressions and anxiety
    Swim lately found out that he really enjoy weed with high CBD and CBN and it really helps him with his problems but even tho swim managed to get his hands on some blackberry kush that looked straight fire, full of crystals n stuff it had really trippy and psychedelic effect on him and made thing much worse. Swim then found out after some reading that the weed had many signs of being harvested too early, not being cured properly and having tuns of THC but no CBN actualy.

So for swims next buy he needs some advices from the marijuana comunity HOW TO RECOGNIZE atleast some signs of high CBN content in weed by look or smell or any other basic method so he could buy good stuff that actualy helps him next time. No microscope or anything else, swim also doesnt want to taste the bud otherwise he´ll get high and probly get ripped or make some stupid decission. 

Swims boy promised hell get him some indica but as he just experiences even the best strain can get really fd up by some dumb greedy hustler who early harvests it.

Swim also realized lately that the best and the most helping bud he ever tasted made the whole house smell and had lots of darker spots on it, so he will be probably looking for some lound smelling dark flower. 
    Any other advices or ideas? Swim will apriciate any help with this serious isue [​IMG]

2. Hon, this is Grass City, nobody cares that you are using cannabis, virtually everyone here does.Using "swim"  at GC only makes you look about 14 years old! [​IMG]   I'm "Granny", a 67 year old MMJ user - I've used cannabis for over 48 years. Relax, hon, you are among friends!

As far as I can tell, there is no accurate way of telling the chemical composition of cannabis without a lab- and I know more about cannabis than most. As for CBD, have you checked out "Project CBD"? They have a list of "high CBD" strains. 

Honestly, since you are in an "unfriendly" state, your best bet would be to buy some "High CBD" seeds from Europe or Canada, or visit a legal state, and grow your own. We are coming up on one of the safer times to order seeds- Mother's Day. All those cards to mom, provide "cover" for your order! So if you order near the 3rd week of April, your seeds should come around Mother's Day.

And even if your order IS intercepted, all that happens is you get a letter from Customs asking if you wish to claim the contraband items. (Nope![​IMG] ) No cops will show up on your door or anything- it is just too easy for someone to fake an order in another person's name! Also, you are just "too small potatoes" to bother with unless you are ordering large amounts of seeds! 

Cannabis relatively simple to grow indoors- a normal-sized closet can provide enough for one person quite easily. The blades in the "Grow section" can help you out with the details of actually growing,

And can I offer you a free education on medical use of cannabis? (And "Good on you" for doing the research! [​IMG] I spent most of my life working in education and I love folks who are willing to do their research!)  I have collected 1000s of medical studies on cannabis and the cannabinoids, and a bunch of news articles about the studies for the "short version".  An older, much smaller version of what I am offering you is available here-

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana-usage-applications/645925-grannys-mmj-list-july-2010.html

So you would just scroll on down to the "Anxiety" section, and there would be all the studies for you to read. To get your free copy with all the latest studies, you  just need to get in touch with me. You can either PM me your email address, or you can check out the bottom of my sig and send me an email. (my sig may not show up on the app  [​IMG] )  Then I send you back an email with 3 PDFs that open up into links to more studies than you can read in a solid month of reading!

Granny

3. Damnnnn I expected all types of replies but I surely did not expect this haha
    Ok Ill cut the swim thing
    Lets just say my mental state is pretty bad, I have all types of problems that sometimes make me incapable of actualy living normal life and if I wanted to get cured the right way in this state I would probly get tuns of pills n stuff. But when I here and there smoke some weed(sativas and high thc marijuana also helps in one way but it also makes things worse in others) it makes the symptoms go away and all I would pray lord jesus and holy mackerel for is just to turn off my brain for sometime, just sit back and dont care about stuff, I cant describe in words how much it helps, right know I dont even feel sick or anything (maybe a bit paranoid)
    Im maybe planning on growing some heavy indica strains in the future but I still dont know
    Right know Im planning on buying an ounce, should be ok for atleast month and since I dont really have much money I cant afford it to go bad this time, Im holding on know but trust me its only a matter of time untill the symptoms come back and then its whole another story
    Im looking for some ways how to recognize if the weed was harvested later and cured properly, I know you can never by totaly sure until you check it in lab or something but if they are some ways that work atleast sometimes or most of the times like the smell and different colors or darker color because of the amber trichomes and so on and so on
    Im looking for that type of advices

4. You just bumped into one of the most helpful and most respected advocates there is. You hit the jack pot and don't even know it ;-) research granny storm to have your mind blown! Alright now back on topic, in my opinion what your asking for is gonna be pretty hard to do. Your best bet is to grow your own as granny said, second option is to ask your locals if they know the name of the strain they are offering. Look them up and visually see if they look like the real deal. If so pick the one that seems suitable and buy just enough to test it out. Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for in natures best medicine.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I mean maybe I said it wrong
    Are there any signs of weed being harvested later and being cured properly and for long time that I can look for?
    Are there also any pictures (I havent found any) of like whole nug with amber, ghost etc. trichomes? I know I once picked up very psychedelic strain(nebula) that had instead small trichomes or resin?? huge buubles around it and in it and it was pretty damn calming and relaxing for 50/50 nebula, it was the second weed I ever had that also just made the whole house smell like crazy so I gues ill be really looking for that type of smell and even if I miss a good weed cuz of it, its atleast something that can be conected with some type of quality I gues....

There is no way of looking at plant or dried material to tell what the chemical makeup is unfortunately. Also CBN is a by product of THC degradation so older bud will be higher in CBN. CBN is the amber color you see when cannabis is left to fully mature. Like Granny mentioned so well, only way to know is buy THC test kits and actually test the bud before you buy, or order some high CBD seeds and grow your own. HTH

7. Any reputable dealer will allow you to sample the goods before buying an oz. Try it and see if you like it, that is the only way to know for sure. ;)

8. Yeah Ill probly get ripped off again cuz of my unstable mind that just keeps playing with me. Realized what a bullshit Ive done right after I did it. Well dayumn Ill see tomorow. I pray to god cuz I dont want to hurt anybody but I will have to if that guy is going to do what I think he is going to do. But I cant be for sure cuz im so god damn paranoid....
    The sooner I start growing my own stuff the better

9. Relax and take a deep breath, everyone isn't out to get you. I agree you seem very paranoid... maybe go for a walk, get some fresh air, eat an apple, try some prayer/meditation to get your racing thoughts under control. :)

10. Yeah if I lose that money Ill have to get pills cuz I aint got no more money for nature medicine

11. #11 puddleglum, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    You aren't going to lose any money, because you are going to be a smart consumer and take all the excellent advice the smart people gave you above. [​IMG]

12. It's extremely ironic seeing so much positive thiught from "puddleglum". Cause characteristically puddleglum was all gloom. As I type this i realize you probably recognize and instigated the irony... Lol I love it

13. You are the first user to comment on the marsh wiggle reference, cheers! ;)

14. I alreadymade the ;bad; deal ya know, now im just waiting what will the guy give me 

15. So you bought an ounce, cash up front without inspecting or sampling the goods, from someone who has sold you bad weed in the past? Why did you even bother coming here and asking for our advice? :(

^--- That's more like Puddleglum! ;)

16. Its not that simple dude...

17. The middleman promised me alot of nice stuff like large amount, good quality and givinbg me money back if I dont like the weed
    I realized my stupidity righta fter I gave him my money
    But I already got some backup on me so I feel much better now knowing that the guy will pay with blood if he lies only about one point of the deal

18. I am seriously concerned about you. Please don't be a Marsh Wiggle and do anything violent or stupid. Go play in the park with your friends or family, something to take your mind off this totally insignificant matter that has you all worked up over nothing. 

19. Its gonn be aight dude [​IMG]

20. #20 bigcat13, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    yo homie it sounds like you are creating your own problem. You say that you basically have a lot of mental stress and anxiety, which is now clear that it is true, but it doesn't sound like its coming from anything external, it sounds like you're just turning a pretty relaxed situation into something violent. The guy getting you weed is doing it to the best of his ability, what your requesting (ESPECIALLY in a non-weed-friendly state...) is a very difficult request, and he's probably not trying to rip you off, he's trying to help you. And considering he's trying to help you, you should relax and be nice to him, not pull some heat on him if it looks like theres not enough CBN in your pot. Drugs are not whats going to solve this turned up mindset you have, relaxing and enjoying life, realizing there are good people out there who want the best for you and to help you, are whats going to help you get through the day. We've all got problems man, nobody said life was going to be easy, but its one HELLUVA lot easier with an optimistic mindset.

EDIT: to be clear, i mean that a lot of your symptoms will be cured without pot, and with just a little optimism, pot may help you get there, but its not going to make you optimistic, you make you optimistic, pot inspires.