looking for BEST Sativa strain!!! Help!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by law_101, Aug 11, 2008.

1. So i am trying to find your all's best opinion of a Sativa strain of MJ. So far some people are talking about a cindy-99 strain... heres what one said..

C-99! There are some great F2 beans available now for around $80 US. PM me if you're interested in the link. (I haven't used them personally but they come highly recommended)

Personally I have 2 Skunk #1's going while I save my money for C-99 F1's that should be coming in November. (See my sig)

After 25 years of smoking MJ I ran across ONE 1/8th of Cinderella-99 and it changed my life forever. I can honestly say I've never come across ANY Sativa that's like her.

Taste: Sweet & Fruity. EVERY HIT! Never had anything sweet to the last hit like that before
    Head: CEREBRAL! My creative juices go into overdrive on this lady. I'm super effective.
    Body: ENERGY! Go play tennis or swim or ride a bike or work or do any other physical activity. She has staying power so you can get things done.
    CREEPER! The high amplifies after around 12-15 minutes so don't smoke too much until you're aware of how much you require. (only smoke that's ever given me the hand-shakes LOL)

I personally can't do Indica varieties and most Hybrids mess with my head so I'm a strict Sativa fan. Unfortunately most Sativas take 10 weeks or longer to flower.

C-99 is approx 60 days.

post like this could be very helpful!!!!

2. Its a shame that you cannot do a hybrid because Cannacopia makes an awesome C99 crossed with an indica to shorten flower time, increase yield, and make the plant height more manageable. The indica they cross it with isn't suppose to have an affect C99 part. The seeds cost only $35 and are medical quality and are quality bread.

If you harvest early when triches are clear, you shouldn't have any cbn or cbd - which is that coach lock stone most people associate with indica strains. When you allow any strain to rippen the THC content drops while the CBN and CBD increases. It really isn't as simple as Indica vs. Sativa highs. Its THC, CBN, and CBD that plays into the different types of highes. This is very controllable. I am sure you would prefer an early harvested Indica over a late harvest Sativa. Look into this.

I would recommend that you go with either (or both) Cannacopia's Sour Diesel (Sativa dominant) or their C99 (Sativa Dominant). These are your best picks. Sativas are really too difficult to grow indoors. I have tried it a couple times and they are more of a pain than they are worth and the buds never look as good as an indica or a great hybrid.

Good luck!

3. #4 jjng5, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008
    Another thing. Unless you've grown several varieties, you probably don't like the affects of indica's because you've purchased them from someone else. And most often when they are grown for resale, growers let them over rippen by 1-2 weeks longer than they should and the THC degrades while CBN/CBD increases. The reason they do this is because the buds produce more resin in this time frame and it adds to the overall weight of the yield.

When Indica's are harvested on time they usually have a combination of coach look and head high / energetic up feeling, depending on the strain. When they are harvested early they are almost all THC with little to no CBN/CBD, giving you almost no couch lock and a very head high energetic sativa like high.

Good luck. Think it over.

4. alright ill open it to hybrids. I am interested in doing a indoor grow for the upcoming season and then maybe clipping clones to plant next spring.... Lets hear everyones thoughts!!!

5. hmm.. looks interesting the purple cindy that is. I might have to check into that. Anyone smoked either of its parents?

6. There's a grow journal and smoke report on Purple Cindy in the "GROW JOURNALS" section of this website. It was entitled "Earl's space shuttle grow". That dude got 1 POUND from just ONE Purple Cindy in hydro. Said it smoked like old fashion Thai Stick !!

7. This is a grate thread, thank you for posting it.

8. kona gold is a great sativa, high grade has kona seeds now. i havent seen any grow journals of it yet. i havent smoked kona gold since i've left hawaii but what everyone told me when i lived there is that its a easy strain to grow, but most of those people grew it outside in the climate that it is native to. so i'm interested to see a grow journal of that shit.
    but very trippy strain

9. Very good information. I'll have to try that C-99 cross sometime.

It's odd but I 'Space Out' very easily when any Indica head "Stone" is present. I've even run across a couple of hybrids that didn't seem to have that head stone but I STILL got spaced out. Makes my AS act up something fierce too so it's a real no-no for me.

I've been on a steady diet of Sour Diesel up until recently and that seems to hold me steady. Nothing like C-99 though. I still can't get over the difference and that was 9 months ago now.

C-99 flowers in 60 days indoor, is supposed to clone at the drop of a hat and has decent yields for a medical grow. Outdoor she's still pretty short from what I hear.

I plan on going with a SCRoG to maximize the yield for myself. Since she's a Sativa (with requirements of a full spectrum of UV to activate ALL the medicinals) and I have a switchable ballast I was thinking about switching out my bulbs every day. Has anyone done a side by side grow before to see what difference it makes in the smoke?

Personally I think it would be a bit much so I'm considering doing it only the last 2 weeks or so.

Wish others had done this already :) hehehehe

10. so where i can i find a trustworth Cannacopia seed dealer? I want to at least look them up!

11. Hempdepot carries Cannacopia. I've never ordered with them, but I've read they are legit.

12. Not too bad... the Doc has a Sativa seeds "thats their name" and they seem to be pretty cheep but i have not heard of any of them... anyone?

13. #16 JuicyJBB, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
    The answer to your question is simple.

Cinderella 99 is the greatest strain this generation has to offer. I have yet to approve any Cinderella 99 crosses with the exception of Cinderella Blues, so pure uncrossed Cinderella 99 is the best way to go.

Very trustworthy sources for you. Good reviews if you care to search. Two different prices.

All of the seeds sold by Actual Seeds and Joey Weed are from Brothers Grimm stock. Joey Weed is sold out right now and is a very slow company, so your only option is Actual Seeds if you want these seeds now. They are a little bit more expensive than Joey Weed, but they do got just as good of a stock in terms of quality. Do not buy Reeferman's seeds, the quality of his stock sucks. Joey Weed will now have their seeds available again in late July if your looking for cheaper. Both companies are very reliable. The stuff I got was grown from Joey Weed, but the grower I know has bought from both in the past. Cinderella 99 has become his favorite strain to grow. He is going to start growing it twice a year.
    Update: Joey Weed's Cinderella 99 won't be back for several months. They need to beta check the F2's

Also Cinderella 99 is 50 days with some of the phenotypes at 43 days. The strain has many trippy benefits from harvests on the early side of the spectrum rather than later. So clouded milky white crystals is what you should look for.

14. #18 JuicyJBB, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
    Yeah, there web page is but their reviews aren't. They are reliable.

Who has Cinderella 99 F1's in November?

15. i cannot remember the site.. ill try and find it.. someone else who is posting in this one had a link... i couldn't figure out the cost though.. must be pricy since the F2's are 80 USD

16. So who has ordered C-99 from Hemcy and had success? I really want these beans but Joey Weeds are rarely available and I miss them when they are. If you oredered from Hemcy.ca(different from hemcy.com) how did you order (credit card, money order, etc) and how long did it take?