looking for beginer advice.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by reefdiver, Mar 27, 2010.

1. #1 reefdiver, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2010
    This will be my first attempt so any advice is appreciated.I'm sure I'll be asking common questions that will invite eye rolling but please bear with me.
    I plan on starting indoors with jiffy plugs and transferring outdoors in the middle of April. I live in middle Atlantic so summers are high 80 to mid 90.
    My questions are:
    1)Indica Vs. Sativa. Which one is recomended for beginner and insect/mold etc. tolerance.
    Also...I'm looking for low growing and early flowering.

2)Is hydro doable outdoors? I've read a little about "hempy buckets"

3)If the answer to #2 is "no" what about soil mix? Please be specific.

4)What should I know about fertilizer and nutrients?

5) Please recommend a few strains that are better for first time growers.

6) Are "auto" or feminized seeds worth my trouble?

7) Is it okay to avoid digging by using 5 gal. buckets?

Thanks for your help.

2. lol hahaha... i love reading a stoners threads man......but back to topic i came across this thread cuz i was wondering the same thing. I live in wisconsin and wanna try growing outdoors this year. Was thinking ill start the plants in my indoor grow box then switch them outdoors. Question is, when do i put them outdoors?

3. theirs lots of things u got think about when doing outdoors...Do u guys have choppers,do u have alot of sunlight where u plan on planting...do u have someplace where no one will see it or steal it too..where r u going to start you starters b4 u put them outside...how about a place youre going to dry and cure all that weed..just something i would think about..well Im from Hawaii and I think of those things first b4 i think of everything else about growing weed..if u got all of these things in place already then pm me and I will gladly help u..

4. In my particular climate...I plan on starting to harden my sprouts up starting in the middle of April and then do a final transplant at the end of the month. I'm guessing you wanna wait until after the last frost at least.
    So far you the only one that noticed my typo. :)

Thanks Rippa for you advice and offer. I plan on using an aria that's close by but not on my personal property (public land). It's well secluded but I do run the risk of someone stumbling into my plot. I'd rather chance that than growing on my own land/house. Other than that...sunlight and soil quality is my only problem. I'll have to fell a few trees and most likely plant in buckets with a prepared soil. I have a garage loft for drying /curing and I'll start them in jiffy plugs indoors in a sunny spot of the kitchen.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I've only checked a few pages like this one and some others like to cop the arrogant attitude with beginers. :wave:

5. Go with a feminized auto flower they get no bigger than 24in, 60-70 days from seed to harvest plant in soil i.e. fox farm, and fertilizer i go with earth juice you give 2 weeks grow fertilizer and bloom the rest the time. The earth juice is organic and should not burn your plants. Check out attitude seed bank they got great deals and give a lot of free seeds:smoke:

6. Auto strains that are good 60 day wonder, Green-o-Matic, Auto AK-47, the auto lemon skunk gets spider mites outdoors and the auto blueberry has to be planted in large pots and use very small amounts of fertilizer.

7. Thank you realconnoisseur. Just the kind of advice I'm looking for.

8. #8 RealConnoisseur, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010

If you live in a place that gets cold and wet around september/october you will want a fast plant like a autoflower they dont go over 24in tall and 60-70 days from seed to harvest they might produce 1-2oz per plant at best. Check out attitude seed bank they have some autoflowers and give away a lot of free seeds. :bongin: put the autoflowers out in may after the last frost you can bring them in at night cuz autoflowers will bud on any light schedual but keep around 16-18hrs light and in 2 months you got bud