looking for an idea

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by BoyWonder92, Jan 9, 2018.

1. anyone use the outside winter air as there ac? id like to use a window i have in my room as a makeshift draft into the room to 1 pull in fresh new air 2 keep the heat down 3 has to be light proof.
    (currently i have a panda film window theres a 6in duct with a black mesh bag, cuts down on air circulation tho, but i do have a small 6in fan pulling in more air) kinda does the job but not 100% effective as i walk into my room and its 85* 75%rh, trying to keep the rh down as the cold dry air will definatly help) (my light is air cooled and its vented out of the room into my living room)

currently its anywhere between 0-35* outside lovely ne weather, need an idea on how to do it. if anyone has it currently set up post some pics id love to see as im more of a visual learner.

2. I feel like you would have to run a little fan in some duct work to pull cool air from your attic or something and also have a closable flue type of thing. If you can't close it off I feel like it would get way too cold. I dunno though, never really thought about it. Can you not just get more ventilation going? How big is the room?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I was using garage air and the condensation building up on the vent pipe was crazy. I don't recommend outdoor air.

Sent from my E6560T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I seal my room in the basement tell it's air tight crack a window and the fans do the rest took me a while to get it down but it works beautiful my friend 76 during lights on and 69 when off

5. its probably a 6x6 bedroom oddly shaped like an L, so its kinda rough to perfectly circulate.. i have an issue now the condensation build up is crazy feel like its going to damage the window seal/frame, but if i dnt have any cool air coming in it stays to hot

6. i forgot to add its a 5x5 scrog, with 1400w 3 plants in flower.

how does everyone keep there rooms cool durring the winter without running an ac? if ur not supposed to use the outside air?

7. I just circulate air in my house. I keep my house at 60 all winter so it's not a huge issue. Also I'm only using LEDs in a 2.5 x 5 x 10 space.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I have a cold cellar that I grow in do it's about 50 in there at all times. So I draw air from there. I tried drawing air in from the garage but the recent cold spell made my vent pipe condensate so I detached it. I exhaust into the garage now.

Sent from my E6560T using Grasscity Forum mobile app