Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Looking for advice

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CrisLink, Sep 3, 2012.

1. New member here. Been trolling this site for the past few months and have really enjoyed the info this community gives out. I am about to start my Junior year at a new college and am having a hard time analyzing whether I should continue smoking or not.

I started smoking weed frequently about 8 months ago. I was in my sophomore year of college and would smoke on the weekdays with my roomates/college friends and on the weekend drive home and stay with my girlfriend (not smoke). Towards the end of the school year of May of this year I realized that I didn't enjoy smoking with a big group of people and much rather enjoyed just smoking with my two roomates. Summer starts, I move back home and am excited to be able to hang out with my gf more and my best friends that will be back home from out of state schools. I started buying weed at home for the first time and found myself smoking about .5g a night alone or with my girlfriend. I was looking forward to sharing my enjoyment for weed with my best friends, but all of them kinda looked down on weed and were much more interested in just drinking.
    So instead of smoking with them I went back to smoking alone, which I did really enjoy because I feel really creative, relaxed, and can just enjoy myself. In the process however I found myself being a lot less social and blowing off my friends more and more. I am starting to worry a lot more these days about what people think of me and feel like wherever I go random people I walk by are talking about me or are for whatever reason snickering at me. I hate this feeling and never get it when I am actually high, but when I haven't been smoking. I don't know if this way of thinking is due to me smoking weed or if it is just my mind over thinking things on its own. This fall I will be attending a different college, one right by my home and don't know whether I should continue smoking weed or not. A part of me feels like If I just do my thing and smoke weed and stop worrying about those self-conscious thoughts ill find my group of friends at my new college that enjoy the occasional toke and really enjoy the new school year. But another part of me is really worried that maybe the weed is causing me to be less social and if I continue smoking I will keep getting these self-conscious thoughts in my head and start to isolate myself like I have this summer. Anyone wanna share their advice? Sorry for the first post novel :D

2. sometimes when you adapt to smoking by yourself, that becomes more important than hanging out with other people, like what happened to you. quite common. that also leads to those self-conscious thoughts you're having. just improve your social experience, man. try not to just get high by yourself, or at least not all the time. confidence and motivation are key

3. you don't even have to smoke with other people but as long as you're cool when you're high, you can smoke alone and then go be social. go see a movie with some friends or something. and being high when nobody else knows you are is the funniest shit ever.

4. Priorities dude.

5. I dont see why you arent drinking with your buddies and blazing a little bit.