Looking for Advice with Nutrient Schedule and Choice of Supplements

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smokenroll, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Hi all,

I'm trying to plan my nutrient regime. I hope to gain knowledge from you veterans and maybe even a little advice. I will be growing in coco and am planning on using the Canna Coco A&B along with their Rhizotonic, Cannazym, PK 13/14, and Cannaboost. I'm also planning to supplement with Cal-Mag, Silica, and use bennies Recharge and Mammoth P. I used Canna's recommended found on their website and also measured the pH and ppm of my tap water. I found that my pH was around 9.1 and EC around .210. I assume that when adding my silica and Cal-Mag, my EC will then rise to .5, and so I have gone ahead and selected 0.5 as my tap water's EC when inputting data for the Canna personalized nutrient schedule. Please correct me if I am wrong on this assumption. I've also read that bennies don't affect your ppm. In addition, I also selected Canna's "light feeding" option.

Here are other details of my plans...

Water pH adjusted between 5.7-6.2

Recommended doses:

I wish I could post a picture of the Canna Coco A&B, Rhizotonic, Cannazym, PK 13/14, and Cannaboost schedules but sadly it is my first post and prohibited.
    Summary:
    Rooting/clone: 0.5 (Water EC) + 0.7 (NutrientsEC) = 1.2 EC
    Veg: 0.5 (Water EC) + 0.9 (NutrientsEC) = 1.4 EC
    Early Flower: 0.5 (Water EC) + 1.1 (NutrientsEC) = 1.4 EC
    Mid Flower: 0.5 (Water EC) + 1.4 (NutrientsEC) = 1.9 EC
    Late Flowe [flush]r: 0.5 (Water EC)
    (I might even go lower than these values, should I?)

Recharge [clones/seedlings], 2.5 mL/gal
    Recharge [early veg to week 2 of flower], 5 mL/gal
    Silica [early veg to week 2 of flower] 2.5 mL/gal
    Cal-Mag [early veg to flower week 6 on an 8 week strain], 2 mL/gal
    Mammoth P [from start of flower to week 7 on 8 week strain] 1 mL/gal

Order of adding nutrients to res:

Add silica first, then cal mag, then a&b, then other supplements, then Mammoth P, then final pH adjustment, then Recharge.
    I am not necessarily adding all them to the res at once throughout the duration of the plant's life, but sometime in early flower with my potential feeding schedule they will all be in the res at the same time.

Flush 1 week before harvest:

Water straight tap with no mixed nutrients.

Please let me know what you think! Any advice and criticism welcome.

2. The reason you add the silica first is in it's concentrated form it is stored in a very high ph solution. If you dump it undiluted in your Mammoth P it will neutralize the P. So anytime you are adding it to anything always dilute it first. Just info that gets clogged up in my brain like when you store calmag and P together undiluted.

3. Yes, that makes sense. It's a chemical reaction. Does the rest of my plan sound reasonable to you? @Talkative

4. IMO, your bennies are kind of pointless in a drain to waste system. They actually might gunk your res and pump system up if using one.

The canna nutes work but are super expensive, especially in DTW. Look at cheapnpowder hydro base nutrient like Masterblend 4-18-38 or Maxibloom.

Start in solo cups, transplant to one gallon pots and flower after 4-5 weeks, or transplant again into 3 gallon pots and veg another couple weeks.

No need to be in a pot larger than 3 gallons

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the response. I planned on seedling/cloning in rapid rooters and then placing directly in 2 gallon smartpots when they rooted. As far as the bennies, should I hand water them? Like once a week? And I will take a look at the cheaper nutes. Thanks!

6. I just think bennies will be washed out and or killed while growing drain to waste hydro. IMO, Leave the bennies for soil and work your bottled nutes.

7. If you want cheaper nutes, check out no till. You can use the same medium over and over and the nutes cost a fraction and last years. If youd like a quick sample to look at, i have some in my current journal.