Looking for advice on my first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dashogg, Dec 18, 2012.

1. I have decided to start doing a little growing. I know that I will have to use a grow box and I am wanting to grow using hydroponics. However I haven't found any grow boxes in my price range(around $250 to $300) that really fit the bill for what I believe I need. So I would be very please if someone could help me decide. I would like to maximize my yield so I would think that MH and HPS lights would be best but many of the grow boxes I have found come with CFLs. Also the biggest size grow box I could house would be around a 4ft H by 2ft W by 2ft D. Possible for maybe an extra foot on width and around 6 inches extra on depth.
    :smoking:
    Once I have acquired my grow box would I be wanting to maybe scrog or LST the plants for max yield , or just plant more plants.

With seeds I have been leaning more towards autoflowering seeds because of their smaller stature since I have a small grow area, but I'm not sure if they are all hype or something worth while. I have been looking at seeds on the Herbies website.

Any pointers on where to get my grow box, how to maximize my yield, whether I should try the auto seeds or not, and if Herbies is a reputable seed vendor would be very much so appreciated.

P.S.
    Once I am up and running I will be starting a journal. Be on the lookout in 2013. Also sorry for the jumbled thoughts in this post just wanting to try to cover everything I could think of.
    :love:
    Sincerely Dashogg :cool:

2. Herbies is good, greenhouseseeds.nl Nirvana's,just to name a few, i'd try to go for a 2x4x6 if you can, i'm going to leave the rest for someone more experienced :p

3. You can grow in any size of space really. If your wanting to scrog your box size of 2x2x4 is large enough. Personally i use a 150 Watt HPS light in my mini fridge and its a beast. If you cant find a box that fits your needs build one to custom. Indicas are best for scrogging. You could probably squeeze two plants in there and work towards and o per sq ft.

cheers,

4. Starting out with a thanks to those that have replied with helpful words of wisdom. :hello:

Now I just did a little looking on ebay for my grow box and came across this Hidden Hydroponic Auto Flower Grow Cabinet | eBay
    Anyone think this would be a good deal? I would more than likely replace the Cfl with a HPS bulb for flowering but is this size too small to expect a decently sized yield. Just as well there is another fellow on ebay who said he would custom make me a grow box with the size of my choosing but his are more pricey(would prolly be closer to $300 maybe 350$) but that price is including a carbon filter unlike the linked box where the carbon filter is $55 more. Should I consider the smaller box and try to make or buy my own filter or just buy the one for $55? Or go with the custom made box that could possibly have two 5 gallon bubble buckets?