Looking for advice false positive on drug screen

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Lookingforadvice, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Hello everyone I am currently in evaluation for a transplant and part of my commitment is sobriety. I never touched cannabis until alcohol killed me liver. When first diagnosed with end stage liver disease I quite alcohol cold turkey and never looked back. To help deal with my insomnia I looking into natural herbs and when those failed I looked into thc. I maybe smoke 2 times but I used consumer grade edibles purchased from Denver and my vacation to Chicago. They worked great but again used on occasion. When I entered the program I had to commit to their rules and gave away any flower substance I did have. As for the edibles I was going to give them to a good friend at a later date. Super Bowl Sunday just passes I saw my buddy handed him some so I did touch the edibles not thinking anything of it. Monday rolls around I have my transplant meeting and I believe it was a blood test drug screen almost certain. They did take urine as well tho. I end of getting committed to the hospital because low sodium and one night I see I have a positive for cannabis.

it’s been over 8 months since I have taken any form of thc. My results are as followed
    Cannab Qnt
    Positive (Abnormal)
    carboxy-thc ConfirmCutoff:1 ng/mL Value:45

Cannab Scr
    Positive (Abnormal) Cannab Scr
    ScrCutoff:1 ng/mL

I was grilled by one member of my transplant team to go as far as they will kick me out which means a death sentence.

A few points it’s been 8 months since as consumption

I did touch some edibles Sunday to hand off to my buddy

I had a terrible toothache which resulted in my take over 800mg of Ibuprofen which I read could cause a positive. Can anyone give me some insight into what could cause the positive? Should I hire an attorney?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Touching edibles won't trigger a positive urine test.
    Your use is very, very minor and would not show.
    Seek legal help. This is your life we are talking about here. Request a retest. Your lawyer will request an outside location tester and independent results. Lots of options I'm sure.
    .Alternative tests. Hail follicle, Nail. All court tried and tested stuff.

4 months is considered enough time for even a daily user to test clean.
    Make that call ....

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank you that’s what I thought I’m just shaking up a bit

4. Maybe your failed liver doesn't allow it to exit your body. Its stored in fat, have you gained weight?

But like brass said do a hair test.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. thats a valid point because of my failing liver it eats my muscle tissue before the fat because it’s easier for it to break down. I have lost 75 pounds went from xxl to medium/large. I’m a 31 year old male but my current strength test has me as strong as a 42 year because of muscle loss. My wife has arrange a private lab to test me tomorrow currently still in the hospital and should get discharged tomorrow after I meet the rest of the team. I’m sure it will be brought up. Thank you for your response

• Like Like x 1
  6. Time for some in deprh googling to see if that is valid. Let me ask my wife if she about those lab values. Brb

7. She said the numbers aren't the same as what comes out of their old machine 30 years ago. Shes asleep that might have something to do with it.

Ill add you to my prayers brother.

8. Th
    Thank you very much

• Like Like x 1