Looking for Advice/Criticism on my GrowRoom Setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by socoaomo, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Ok so here's what I'm looking at:

Making 3 grow boxes. One 4x4x8 Veg grow box, one 4x4x8 Flower Grow Box, and a 3x4x6 MotherPlant/Clone grow box. I plan on using 2x4's to construct them with B/W Panda film covering the insides.

Lighting: 2 LumaTek 600w Digi Ballast (MH for Veg and HPS for Flower)
    1-600w HPS Sylvania Grolux Bulb
    1-600w Mh Bulb (don't know which yet)
    1-90w Dual Spectrum LED for the Clone/Mother PLant box
    2-Super Sun 2 Reflector w/ 6" flange

I will cool the lights with 6" ductwork attached to a 6" inline fan. Approx: 235cfm each.

I plan on building 2 of my own HydroPonic Ebb n Flo system...tray style. It looks like it's an easy system to make on your own rather dishing out some serious $$$. This will be my first hydro grow.

I will use a reverse osmosis water filter system for the reservoir water. I plan on using Advanced Nutrients products. Sensi G+B, VooDoo, Big Bud, B-52, and Overdrive.

Also in the room I'm going to have a compact dehumidifier. Is this necessary and how will it affect CO2?

CO2- A MiniGen CO2 Generator with a Hydro Innovations CO2 Monitor. I will release CO2 from the top and fan with oscillating fans.. I realize there is an exhaust system so I'd like to setup timers for the exhaust to shut off and the co2 to turn periodically throughout the light cycle. Is that possible?

Clone System- I will make one myself out of a rubbermaid container. There's some nice diagrams online that are easy to build.

I think that's it.

My thinking was that I would have a veg room and a flower room so I can have a constant influx of product. I realize it's going to take careful timing for everything to work right, but I'll make every effort to make it work. I figured I could combine the mother plant and clone system in the same box considering they are on the same light schedule. Looking for any and all advice/criticism!

Thanks.

2. How are you gona handle the smell?

3. I forgot about that. Carbons for each of the boxes. I was just going to get the smallest ones out there because from what I researched they should be able to handle the cubic ft I have in each one. The smell isn't a HUGE concern considering the location of my house and the location of the boxes (basement).

4. one last thing and you should be good to go. what are you going to do with the heat? dumping it back into the room is counterproductive. it needs to go out of the area, either outside or to an attic. but it will heat up the entire grow area if left unchecked.

5. which will in turn increase the humidity greatly. I think you may need more then a few fans for your setup.

6. Hmmm...well I could probably exhaust out of the basement window. Thought the heat could be handled with just the 6" intake/exhaust and a couple oscillating fans inside. What are your guys' suggestions? Also, will that dual spectrum led be good for the clone room? I'm starting to second guess it....and my just go with some fluoro's...

7. #7 mrbob_58, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
    vent out the window if you can. it eliminates what can be a killer problem.

I am very biased on leds. bad experience. BUT there is nothing that can touch a led for vegging.
    if you can get a led that is not cheep chineese junk , grab it