Looking for a small compact hydro system

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Retaliation, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Hey everyone,
    I hope yall are doing good.
    Just wanna start off by saying that Im new to this hydroponic thing and I have been using soil every time I grew before.
    The thing is I have stealth grow box and it dosent have much space but I would like to make the best of it.
    I would like at least 8 plants in my grow box and I need the smallest and most efficient hydro systems.
    Now I dont know much about hydro systems so I would like your professional opinions! :p

27 inches by 22 is the max space I have to fit I hydro system.
    Theses are the only two I found.

the SLS 14 hydroflora tall
    Sunlight Solutions, LLC :: Hydro Systems :: SLS 14 Plant Hydroflora Tall
    (not much info on this one, is it even good for flowering plants or is it just for cloning)

Bubbleponicsâ„¢ 6 Planter Starter Kit
    SH Hydroponics, Inc. > Bubbleponicsâ„¢ 6 Planter Starter Kit
    (Looks ok.. Sadly, theres only places for 6 plants.)

If anybody knows better systems for the small size dimensions I gave you (27 inches X 22 inches) please let me know, price is no problem, Im ready to pay for quality.

Thank you all for reading and have a nice day!
    Peace!

2. how tall is your grow... if thats the max space you can put stuff its sounds like a small grow.. you could do two plants.. and make it yourself outa tubs

if you end up with a male and it pollinates your females your screwed... taking clones? from seeds? you could start with a single home made bubble bucket and once you know you have a female switch to the system you have linked to

but.... if you feel you have everything as far as plants down.....

i would get the one with the fewest plants... in a small grow like yours and having a single res your going to have plants competing for root space...

i believe rumple has posted before... you can grow ten small horrible plants or grow one or two awesome plants in the same space....

here.... read this, dunno if you have but its worth it to read it and then move on
    http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/121335-lets-build-bubble-bucket-step-step.html

3. I agree, find a tupperware tub (with a lid) that fits your space and make a DWC or drip system for a couple plants.

4. Hempy buckets are great for stealth since there are no moving parts, pumps, etc...

-Loki

5. Thanks for all the replies, you guys are the best, however theres been a change of plan, I have much more space to work with, 5 by 6 feet wide and 8 feet high. Im having a friend build bubble ponics for me.

This is what he says
    'm thinking bubbleponic is going to be the easiest for you to deal with and the cheepest to purchace and run.How much height do we have to work with ? I say four - four site bubble systems including airpumps w/dual outlets for two bubble bars each,airline,bubble bars(large),net baskets,and rockwool(plugs & cubes).that should be everything you need to get growing except water,neuts,light,and electricity and I will build them for you for **(censored)$ each plus shipping.whatcha think bro?

*Heres my question, how many gallons of water is necessary for a 4 site hydroponic system? :smoke:

6. add a pH meter to your list... PPM too, if you want to splurge...

-Loki