Looking for a ride/travel buddy

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by T Swank88, May 13, 2012.

1. I'm planning on traveling across the country from NC out west, I'm trying to make it to Cali but any ride I will take. I'm taking the year off to just travel across the country stopping at different places on my way to cali so a person to travel with would be nice. I plan on just bringing clothes, my bong, and whatever other stuff i need that can fit into a backpack. I'm prob going to try and do 1 day jobs whereever i stop at to make some money along the way. Please PM me for specifics

2. Good luck...

3. ha thanks man, its gonna be hard to find someone to go with but its been my dream to travel across the country in and old VW van like back in the 60s/70s. But once i do find someone to go with, its gonna be epic

4. Oh man, that would be awesome! I've always wanted to do this myself, but then I saw a movie once with this dude hitch hiking and then the guy who picked him up turned out to be crazy and wanted to kill him! o_0 .. Protect yourself at all times man, some crazy people out there.. I then started watching videos on how you assault people in a car, of course if they attack you first, so now I'm thinking about going again. I'm in NY I'd like to go to Cali, I'll be free in the summer so if anyone is going, I'm up for it!! Don't try to assault me, cause I can assault you back now.. WOOT! Thank god for YouTube! :)

5. This would be fun. It would make it a whole lot easier t be rich then you can get high and do whatever without worrying about money and shit.

6. [quote name='"justyn93"']This would be fun. It would make it a whole lot easier t be rich then you can get high and do whatever without worrying about money and shit.[/quote]

Well I guess I could say that, I don't have a house or anything I have to worry about and I'm fresh out of school so I just want to take a year off and try and make $1000 last as long as possible on a road trip across the country, whether it be hitch hiking, jumpin on trains or finding a person to come with me and riding together

7. Sounds pretty epic, I'm actually going up to Oklahoma later this month for Rocklahoma 3 day rock festival, gonna meet up with an old friend and just chill for 3 days at the festival, and a motel for a couple nights. After that I'll be heading west though, to L.A., just finished my freshmen year at college and got about 1000 to spend, I've always wanted to do that highschool roadtrip with friends but plans change and ppl change so I figured I rather do it alone than not at all, but if I find ppl on the way who can help with gas and just be good company then I figure it be alot more fun. Point is I'm doin it and I'm going this summer, starting my trip from south Tx up to Pryor Oklahoma, after the 3 days going through oklahoma city and heading west starting may 28th, so anyone along that way that has gas money in need of a ride, who wont kill me is welcomed to join.

8. man you are gonna need way more than $1000. Do you know how expensive gas is nowadays? Especially in an old VW van.

Not tryin to bash your dream though man. I hope you fuckin do it and have a crazy time.

Since your down to explore freely, you should think about saving up and traveling abroad. Go to Australia and wreck shit

9. I just drove from Southern Oregon to Alaska with two of my best friends (about 2830 miles), it took a little less than a week, we slept in the car a few nights and it still cost about $1000 dollars. Don't set out until you're COMPLETELY prepared an know what you're in for with that kind of excursion, because sadly it isn't the 60's anymore, and when you get stranded in the middle of nowhere with no money, people aren't going to be as helpful as you think.

10. Well I haven't explained like the full details yet but the $1000 was just a estimate I threw out there, i'm just trying to find someone interested to go

11. HIT UP BahookaJoe

He's got a thread in General.
    he's doing the same thing and he's mobile in NC lol

12. [quote name='"Bro Mango"']HIT UP BahookaJoe

He's got a thread in General.
    he's doing the same thing and he's mobile in NC lol[/quote]

Thanks

13. Fuck I would of so done this with ya....I'm having a kid soon though, my fun is up for a while, wish u would of posted this last year lol. Good luck dude live the dream I wanted to live.

14. Remember George Carlin's rules of the road;

ALL hitch hikers must give road head!
    Its in the rules!

15. Like the movie into the wild, stay safe dude.

16. Stop by wisco. Id go with ya. Have to make a quick stop in vegas though.

17. fuck man! if you didnt live 13 hours away i would say lets do it!!!..

but unfortunately i live in NY..

but i love cali,everything about it..been there 4 times now:cool:

18. sounds like fun..jus be careful
    I wanna do this to tho eventually
    I would so do it with u but Im broke as shit =/
    enjoy the ride tho an let us know how it goes =3