looking for a pet. ideas?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by fraggleYOURrock, May 16, 2012.

1. I used to hate cats till my girlfriend adpoted one to the pound.

Super easy to take care of, very independent, and you only have to clean up their shit once a week. Good luck finding one

2. Ball python

Comes in many colors easy to care for eat ice a week don't need large cage and not much of a set up!

3. Flying squirrel/ sugar glider.

4. [quote name='"dembonez"']Ball python

Comes in many colors easy to care for eat ice a week don't need large cage and not much of a set up![/quote]

This.

They are very easy to take care of I had a 5' ball python almost never had to do anything just make sure the temp is good, cage is clean (he only shit once a week) soak it every now and then to help shedding and feed it wich is always fun to watch

Only thing some can be finicky eaters

5. lol it takes lots and lots of work to train hawks to come on command, hours upon hours of training.

6. [quote name='smokehound']That's actually not true. They still get pretty big. Sometimes reaching 200-300 lbs.

Very expensive pets.[/QU

&&&& how the hell would you know?.

7. well acording to wikipedia, it's possible to have a potbelly pig that's 20-30 pounds, but because of massive amounts of interbreeding with other pig species they are often much much larger, getting up to over 200 pounds.

Pot-bellied pig - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8. you called!?

9. &&&&&&& Because I read.

Yeesh, no need to explode on me.

The media usually portrays these pigs as the perfect pet, however pigs can be potentially dangerous. Some have a habit of biting and snapping. They are also not safe around small pets unless trained properly. Fortunately they are intelligent and learn fast, and as a social animal, they do make rewarding pets..

NOT A BEGINNER'S PET.

10. Finches make great pets. They're fascinating to watch, and once they're accustomed to their environment, they really appreciate being let out of the cage to fly around the house (something they never get to do at the pet store).

They don't like a lot of interaction though, and get stressed when there's a lot going on around them. Also you have to get at least two, because they're social but don't bond with humans. Just don't get a male/female pair because they breed really easily. And if you have a mouse problem, birdseed will definitely attract them, so mouse-proof your home first.

But all in all, finches are smart, quiet, their droppings are tiny, they're almost as easy to take care of as a houseplant, and they don't need a lot of companionship/attention.

Mine used to love sitting at the window and watching the outside world that they never knew existed.

11. [​IMG]

They're called "Toygers" I want one lol, I guess they're just domestic short haired tabbies bred to look like toy tigers.

12. Mini wire haired dachshund.

13. my roommate has one and they re kinda lame i would advise against these. they dont really do anything and when you take em out to play it pretty much consists of trying to get em out from under things. the yalso live for a lonnnnggg time

14. rats supposedly make good pets. as affectionate as a dog, some say. Can even be potty trained.

[​IMG]

15. A zebra bro. Get a zebra.

16. A SUGAR BEAR!! orrr a leopard gecko maybe? =]
    it still kind of worries me though that u say u don't have
    a lot of time for a pet so want something easier to care for
    just cuz a pet is easy to care for doesn't mean it doesn't
    need lots of attention an love..just make sure whatever
    pet u get u always put time aside for it cuz Ive heard
    plenty of cases where animals die from depression an lonliness
    what a horrible way to go =[ anywaay have fun trying to decide
    the list could go on an on..a sugar bear is cute,tiny an cuddly
    an a gecko is a nice little friend to pet an observe =P

17. Get a monkey and train it to smoke joints. That'd be cool

18. Turtle/ tortoise? :)

Attached Files:

19. Sugar gliders. Don't be fooled by the cuteness, these are ravaging little beasts with teeth, skittish personalities and they are very smelly too. I know someone who had a sugar glider once. Cute as can be but they are awake all night and sleep all day like a hamster. Sorry to sway the conversation but if you want a fun poet that's totally trippy to look at click here for fish info, seriously it's a smooth sailing ride into the most serene place in the world. That is when you've toked and you're laying back watching the little glass water box come alive with fluffy floating orange bodies...

20. It depends on how they're raised. They need to "bond" with their owner as juveniles or else they turn into uncontrollable little bastards. My gf has had a few of them over the years and the first one she didn't bond with and he was a little butthole, but the ones she has now are friendly. Still, not a good choice if you're looking for a low maintenance pet.

If you really want a low maintenance reptile OP then I'd go for a ball python or a corn snake. Very docile animals and they don't require much attention.