Looking for a new vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Super Trooper, Jul 4, 2013.

1. What's up blades??

After about two years away from the greenery I'm hopping back on the train and am looking for a new vaporizer. I bought a MFLB about 3 years ago and had a vaporbrothers a few years before that. I liked the stealthiness, size, and hits I got from the MFLB, but didn't like the lack of control. Also, the batteries died out really fast for me. I loved my vaporbrothers but it broke after using it with a power converter in the car for multiple hours,

This time around, I know what I want. I'm looking for a simple plug in vaporizer that is easy to control, provides smooth hits, is consistent, and reliable/durable. Portable vapes are cool, but I really have no need for portability.

But, since I've been out of the game for awhile, I have never even heard of most of the vapes that are on the market currently. So, I'm going to need some recommendations.

What are your favorite plug in vaporizers for around $150? I could go up a tad bit in price, but definitely want to keep it under $200. 

Thanks and happy toking yall

2. #2 lwien, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
    I think you are describing 7th Floor products! If you can afford it, I would suggest you investing in the SSV or alternatively go for the cheaper DBV.

4. #4 JammieDodger, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
    If I were you, I would definitely look into buying the "Da Buddha Vaporizer". The price ranges from about $145 - $200; though it's very easy to find a reliable seller with a good deal (online of course). My friend owns D.B.V. and it is amazing, there is a temperature control knob, a glass oven, the smoking tube, and they even throw in a free padded travel bag. It comes with a three-year warranty, but so far nothing has happened to my friend's vape. You can adjust the temp. so the hits could be very mild or pretty harsh. It's really a very straightforward vape and you should definitely consider buying one. 
    Anyways, later! :smoke:

-edit- 
    Oh yeah, here is the link to the official DBV website... 
    http://dabuddhavaporizer.com/

5. Yup.   Da Buddha would also be an excellent choice for a whip based vape.

6. Da Buddha looks pretty nice. How does it compare to an easy vape?

7. Honestly, I would definitely go with DBV rather than the Easy Vape. I'm not very familiar with the EV, but from what I've heard, it's not that reliable, and is a really low grade vaporizer. If you really want to get the "bang for your buck", the DBV is really the right choice for you. But.. the EV is pretty darn cheap ($40 - $50 on eBay). But still I would invest in DBV.

8. More portables than plug-ins are found around that price range (manufacturer price, anyway.) I'd say Da Buddha would be your best bet too.

If you want to see more of what's on the market now, that fuckcombustion thread posted by Iwien can show you the new vapes that everyone's talking about.

Also, if you do decide to consider portables again, I'd recommend the MFLB. For $130, it has improved a lot since three years ago, and the batteries have become significantly more reliable.