Looking for a new car

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by ForMiles, Jan 10, 2011.

1. As the title states, I'm looking for a new car... I never wrecked my old one i was just sharing one with my Mom, and i just want my own car now. My insurance will be cheaper if its more than 10 year old, any recommendations on what would be a good used car buy?

2. dont buy a phantom cuz 28's cant fit
    forreal tho get you somethin good like wat you lookin for comfort? style? speed?

3. I'm pretty open man. mostly comfort and speed. my moms car was so comfy and could go pretty fast hahaha

I got about 7 grand saved up i can spend on a car.

4. bmw 540 or 740.

e34/e38's can be found in your budget.

5. get a honda. they might not be as cool as a BMW ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    but i bet you a honda will last longer than a bmw.
    my mom had an 89 civic with 276,000 miles and we live in chicago with all that salt in the winter.

6. yeah a honda may last longer if neglected, but routine maintenance and you would be golden.

i had a '92 civic that detonated around 198k.

both of my bmw's are 200k+ and still going strong. well, one would be if i didn't pull the engine.

7. I believe you 100% but I'm sure you've heard german cars are notorious for problems aka benz and bmw. I doubt thats breaking news to you. haha it does depend how your take care of your car. which obviously it sounds like you wipe it with a diaper hahaha. it depends on where you live and how you drive too. OH VARIABLES!!!!!!!!!!

good luck with finding a car mayn!

8. I was thinking about getting a honda man. Not a bmw, my dad is a mechanic and he always talks about how much they suck.

9. i had no idea hondas were both comfortable and fast. :rolleyes:

10. Bimmers do not suck trust me they are wonderful cars. You can find many used luxury brands for cheap and we all know that luxury is fast and comfy.

11. LOL right. He wants a comfy and fast cars yet he is considering a slow 4 banger with horrible comfort and handling.

12. well you wont to look at a sedan or something i would say like a crown vic or a town car they are like living rooms on wheels and most come issued with a 4.6 liter so they can definitely get it.
    dam i sound like a car salesman

13. hondas
    ford tauras
    toyota corolla

14. I'd go for a late 80's or early 90's Jaguar. You can pick them up relatively cheap and they are extremely cosey. I'm driving a '93 lincoln continental executive edition. That thing is a beaut.

15. hondas= well you know :rolleyes:
    jaguar= seriously, what are you gonna do when it breaks?
    bmw= too expensive to maintain

Assuming you want something semi reliable as well i would look @ subarus, great all year cars and you can easily have a 98-01 2.5 rs with 7k. If you really want a honda of some sort i would look @ acuras instead... rsx's and integras are pretty good cars. Ill just start listing some off the top of my head

Lexus SC300 or SC400
    Lexus GS300 or GS400
    Toyota Supra MK3
    Toyota MR2 Turbo (mr2 seats are fucking bomb and they're quick little cars... i have an mk1 mr2)
    Toyota Cressida
    Impreza WRX or 2.5 rs
    VW Jettas and Golfs (mk2-mk4)... great cars, passats are nice as well (my mom has an '02 Passat 4motion wagon vr6 and it's a beastly wagon)
    Nissan Sentra SE-R or Spec V
    Mazda Miata or MX5
    Nissan 300zx tt
    Nissan 240sx s14
    Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Buick Regal with 3800sc (pretty much any gm car with the 3.8 sc is going to woop ass)
    If i were you i would just stay away from European cars in general... vw's are seriously the only european cars that are semi reliable... just dont buy any vw or audi with the 1.8t. If you like BMW's go for it... great cars but you know what you're getting into ;)

16. The only problem with BMWs is that the parts can be expensive. Other than that hondas and other japmobiles have the most cramped engine bays I have ever put my hands into. (source: my old Lexus)

17. truth. i hated working under the hood of my civic.

18. well... lets see if we can get more specific with OP. Do you want 4 doors or 2 doors? hatch? good gas mileage? Then we can find the real car for him.

19. im trying to get 4 doors and good gas mileage, and 2001 or older cause it will be balls cheap to insure.

20. price range?

Acura Integra LS (4 door), Legend, Vigor (If it comes down to it i guess you could go with an accord or civic, yuck)
    Buick Regal SC
    Buick Park Ave SC
    Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
    Lexus IS300 (started in '01), GS300, GS400, LS400
    VW Jetta/Golf/Passat any 1990 model except 99 and even the late 80's ones are good
    Subaru Impreza 2.5 rs, Impreza, Outback, Legacy, Forest, all good cars
    Toyota Avalon, Camry, Cressida
    Nissan Sentra, Altima, Maxima
    Mitsubishi Galant (vr4)

I like this Mitsubishi : Galant - eBay (item 250757632010 end time Jan-21-11 12:29:23 PST)

Definitely not the most reliable though :cool: