Looking for a new bong.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by MimeOne, Jan 30, 2017.

1. For herb only I don't like wax, budget is $300. Prefer something with an ice catcher.
    Pics of what I'm upgrading from:
    Diamond Glass - The Heizman
    Live in CA, USA.
    Looking for glass from the U.S. only, if you're a glass blower and looking for a client hit me up!!

2. Glass is preference. What you like is anyone's guess.

Shops with high end glass will let you test the glass put with water in it, so you can see it the airflow is.

It's hard for me to buy glass online because might not like the air flow, I HATE drag.

I was used to $30 bongs until I smoked out of my friends scientific bongs (which I scoffed at because of the high price tag), and fell in love with a mobius nano matrix perc.

3. See people are telling me to get the Mobious Matrix V2, the one thats like $450, and i've been thinking about it but i'm not sure, I been looking at HI-SI Glass as well, because there pieces look dope, just don't know if it's american made. How can you tell if somethings chinese made or american made? @Sirlnfi

4. Generally there is no way, beyond what the manufacturer tells you.
    For example, RooR is considered a proper decent brand, but most people will tell you that German made RooR is better than US made RooR, which is much better than Chinese rOOr clones.

The same goes with any other brand. Some things Black Leaf are made near Amsterdam and are of much better quality than the stuff they make in China. Overall the brand is decent enough quality for the price. Though some of the Chinese made stuff does need the joints to be lapped, because they aren't always perfectly conical.

The only real way to see if that RooR you spent $$$ on is a real proper one is to drop it. Many chinese clones aren't the thickness, often aren't borosilicate glass and the hardening of the glass may not have been done in an optimal way.

Then again, my beaker bong is a very simple and plain beaker bong. It looks just like a cheap ass China glass piece, but is in fact made by a local glass blower and it's 9mm borosilicate all the way round. You cannot see this with the naked eye. I know for a fact that it's the case because I know who made it and what he made it from, because I explicitly ordered it like that.
    So while to you it may not look like a €70 beaker, to me it was a bloody bargain, because I got a custom piece for the price of something very generic.

5. I'd say buy what you really want. spend the 450 on the matrix.