Looking for a mid-high end gaming laptop

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Soccerguy420, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Hopefully spending less than 900 dollars on it (I don't know an exceptional amount about computers so.. :confused_2: )

I'm looking for a laptop with a dual-core processor running at 3.00gHz or faster, a gaming card in which I could play games like black ops and minecraft without lag, and a decent battery life.

I would go for a separate system (desktop) for gaming and then a laptop for general stuff but it seems wasteful so im looking for a a laptop in which i could get a happy medium going. I don't game that much but having the option to seems good.

is this possible or am i just a dreamer?

2. I bought the Lenovo Y560P, it's supposed to be for Multimedia enthusiests.
    From what I've seen, Lenovo makes good laptops, I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped though. I got this laptop with these specs:
    2nd generation Intel® Core™ i3-2310M Processor ( 2.10GHz 1333MHz 3MB )
    AMD Radeon HD 6570M 1GB
    4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz
    15.6" HD Glare with integrated camera 1366x768
    Integrated 1.3MP Camera
    500GB 5400
    for about $650.
    Check deals2buy for good deals. They have a seperate laptop section where they show you all the on going deals. That's where I found mine.

3. do you possibly mean one terabyte harddrive?

4. Nope, mine ships with a 500gb hard drive.

5. #5 Soccerguy420, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2011
    for gaming, which is more important, cores or processor speed? i think speed, but the intel i7's are 2.00 gHz while the core i5 480m is 2.66 gHz. Would that be a noticeable/worth it speed difference?

also are there any brands to avoid? i've been looking at ASUS and others but are there any ones that i should just avoid no exceptions?

also also, how is the AMD Phenom dual core?

6. bumpin for bumpin

7. Do you -REALLY- need a laptop? Like you're going to game on the go? If not, get a desktop, you will get twice as much power for the same price.

8. true this

9. Why do you guys need to ask that? He said he wanted a laptop, help him find a laptop. I'm sure he knows he can get a better desktop, but he probably does want mobility.

10. Most people that have laptops just have them sitting on their desk. Myself included.

11. my basis behind getting a laptop is that i am a musician and take my recording equipment most everywhere i go, i planned to get reaper or a similar software and bring it with my to record pop-up jams and band practices. hosting all of those at my house because i got a better processor and graphics card is impractical.

..and i want to game too ahah

12. Dual cores are dead, you want a quad core (Intel i7 series) and a processor in the class of a GT460/HD5870. You can get something fitting these specs for 1000-1300 ish. If you're going to buy a gaming laptop you don't want to buy anything more then a few steps below top of the line.

13. thank you :smoke:

14. Check out Lonovo's Y-series. Those are for multimedia buffs and it can handle some gaming. I personally ordered a Lenovo Y560p and I'm waiting for it to come in but when I get it I'll tell you what I think of it. Also, right now there is a big sale going on, up to $400 off on their laptops. I got that model for $650 but it's actually a $1000 laptop.