Looking for a little guidence

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mendo Goat, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Hello everyone. I tried skimming through some threads and got a little bit of info, but am looking for a bit more.

Here's my short story; I'm working on my first grow. A buddy of mine had some extra clones, and initially dropped me 3, then just a couple days ago dropped me one more. One has been weird throughout, and he told me that it was acting strange from the time it started to veg, I'm not worried about that one so much. When I started feeding them, I, in my new-ness, was feeding them way too much food. I'm using OG grow, it's 16-0-0 and am using fish fertilizer that's 5-1-1. I put the plants into nute lock with the over feeding. They're flushed, they're growing like weeds :cool: and it's about time to start bloom food. These are all outdoor plants.

Here's the specific questions. The friend who gave me the plants suggests that I feed the big girls 50-50 bloom/grow for a bit to transition them and so they grow a bit more while blooming. I've read some opinions that say stop the grow and go with just water for a week or so, then start the bloom. What are the pros and cons of each? Should I continue with the fish fert while feeding the bloom? Any other advice for me at this stage?

I'm just learning technical terms, and am no botanist. If I left out any information, please let me know and I'll answer to the best of my ability. Ultimately, I know they'll bud up just fine. I just want the best yield I can get :smoking: Thanks for the time and advice.