Looking for a grow tent.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by artistproof, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Looking for a grow tent with odd dimmentions... My current grow space is 5 foot wide 2.5 feet deep and 8 foot high... The problem is I made this grow space out of the white black plastic sheets I hung from the celieng..

The issue is I need to replace this with a grow tent of some sort that's sealed as odor is a large issue atm... Will need recommendations on fans (for ventilation have oscilators) filters and the unit itself.. I'd prefer not to invest a ton, but this is something that will last a long time.. so.. if I need to I can.. (prefer to keep the setup under $500) The ozone genertator itself isn't killing the odor.

I currently have a 8 bulb t5 unit (4 foot wide 2 feet deep) I'm not opposed to swapping this out for my veg area (although its a lil combersome in the small space) for new lighting, but this would still have to be within the budget.

Any help would be appriciated.. If you know of anyplace I can pick one of these up between VA and GA I will be taking a trip next week, and I'd rather pick one up that have one shipped.

2. Anyone have any suggestions?

3. You can buy all the things you need easy online or you could just visit a hydro store.

I like to use inline fans and a carbon filter to deal with the odor, Im not a fan of ozone generators. I use a 100mm inline fan for bringing air into the tent and a 125mm inline fan to exhaust the used air out through a carbon filter.

You can even make your own carbon filter there are guides on here if you look. Some of the smaller grows even use fans from computers so it can be done for much cheaper, ONA gel also works great to hide the smell.

As for a tent you might be better making your own, tents are expensive and I find they are not 100% light proof :smoke:

4. I appriciate your time.. but I'm realy looking to BUY a tent with oder control while I'm out of town... If this wasn't clear in my post I'm sorry, but I need suggestions on what to get to make my grow area better.. I only have days before leaving, so info BEFORE I have to spend cash is appriciated.

I am not handy, if I were I wouldn't have light leaks and smell isues with my current setup... If anyone can actually answer what was asked please do...

I am looking and searching myself for items that look like they will work.. Problem is I'd like to KNOW they work because someone else has used them.. not go buy random crap again and have to post next time I have cash to upgrade things...

The only tent so far that I have found online that meets the requirements I listed is https://www.horticulturesource.com/shopping_cart.php?osCsid=bd3b763a503d01707626aeaa87654ee0

no clue where this place is, but if its common I should be able to call around and find one while I am in GA. It would be nice to know (unit has light leaks, or unit is made cheap, or even a unit is fine it works I use one similar) but generalizations that tents can leak light arn't helping.

I did exact measurements of my current lighting and it is 20 1/4 x 47 1/8th. So need something small enough for the area and large enough for the lighting.
    overhead fan in the room means I only have 7 feet to work with, without having to take it down.

5. #5 bhp70, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    This one might fit ur space; and inch deeper than you want, but.

That fixture might be an issue in some 4 foot tents. You'd have to measure to be sure, but looks like the GL80's a little over 4 feet, so it should be easy breezy. Sometimes lamp cords connect on the end and make the actual installing length longer than the length of the fixture body if I'm making sense here.

A GL should be easy to find in a bustling area like GA/VA.

GrowLab GL80L Portable Grow Room

6. Thanks for the info..

You are correct (just verified) the cord does come out the 4 foot end. It protrudes less than 1/2 an inch.. I hope theres that much play in this tent..

Sorry the link I added seems to go to a general page, but thats the same tent I saw.. I can go up to 3 foot wide and 5 foot 10 long (unless I want it to block a door by a lil.)

This item is added to my list, any others I should be looking for? anyone that lives in the areas between I81 in VA and atlanta that can recommend a good shop that isn't outragious?

I prefer to pick these things up away from home..

7. i got a gl145 and i love it.i have no problems with it at all

8. I say build one custom, It'll take up a day to build and cost you a fraction of the price. Plus you can maximize space With eight feet overhead you could biuld a small veg chamber underneath and have a perpetual grow.

9. I wont be ordering online as I'm not in a legal state....

I will not be building one because I am not handy and what I built last time isn't working... hence I AM buying one... I realy hate to sound pissy, but these things were addressed above..

It seems people are recommending things and options without actually reading posts...

Anyhow.. For those that answered I will be looking for a reliable hydro store in the Atlanta area.. (or near I81 headed there)

I am looking at the GL80L not the GL80 as it way to small for my current lighting, and needs.

Recomendations on other tents that will work in case I can't locate the gl8oL while there..

I will also be putting a carbon filter on the box to eliminate the smells.. I will have a ozone generator in it also..

10. no, we read your post...hahahaha, your right... your being pissy.. grow supplies are not illegal... feel free to order online all you want... but ill do the hard work for you

atlanta hydro stores - Google zoeken

this is a new site called google... and it lists all the hydro stores all over Atlanta... feel free to visit a local store and pay an additional 20% for the convenience of having it now. if you go armed with the knowledge of how much grow supplies cost online most stores will price match... but you always feel like you have to barter with them.... good luck

11. #12 artistproof, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2011
    4,000 posts or not your being an asshole.. I have googled and have found many shops.. Some with decent sites some not.. I do however prefer to not rely on how good a web developer the shop has but if the shop is decent to begin with.

I do not know the area, I don't know the shops.. If you think its dumb to ask, well why are you on a forum for asking questions.

I will be in an area I'm not normaly.

I will not ship grow equipment to THE GROW SITE!!! illegal or not.. its not bright.

please, if you want to troll someone go elsewhere...

If you expect someone from out of town to visit all the shops to figure out what ones are decent and what ones are going to rip you off. be my guest... you can be the one to go to them all.. I on the other hand prefer to ask questions before I do things.. I find I make less mistakes that way.

If you feel the need to belittle requests .... why are you on a forum for people learning to grow..... You obviously are an arrogant ass.

Saying things like you have above makes people think asking questions is stupid.. this prevents people from learning and encourages them to make mistakes..

If you realy can't be bothered with a decent responce, why do you bother to respond at all.

and btw the person asking me to build one above after your responce DID NOT READ, if he/she did... they didn't bother to pay attention to what they read..

If you were offended by me saying people wern't reading... maybe you should have READ the other posts too...

12. Somebody hurry up and give this guy info on a silver platter. Be careful, no body offer any other suggestions or opinions. Read what he said VERY carefully, and reply only exactly how he wants. Just quit beating around the bush and tell him what he wants to know. This guy means business and is very serious. Tread lightly ;)

13. #14 artistproof, Sep 19, 2011
    Really you think someone telling someone else to google things is good?

you think someone telling others to do things they already said they couldn't or wouldn't is helpfull?

BTW I'm all for opinions.. the issue comes when you try to make someone out to be an idiot with things like google hydro atlanta.. This is in no way helpfull and its just trying to be an ass.. I have read alot that Tihspeed has posted in the past.. he doesn't normally seem to do this.. in this case.. he seems to have felt the need to make me look an idiot for asking "For those that answered I will be looking for a reliable hydro store in the Atlanta area.. (or near I81 headed there)"

This to me seems a logical question for someone coming in from out of town.

and btw mikep1098 it seems you posted today in someone elses thread "Oh and by the way.....
    My local shop has the shitiest website you've ever seen. Don't judge a book by it's e-cover [Wink]"

By your own post your admitting looking at the web sites isn't the best way to judge a grow or hydro shop....

Discouraging others shouldn't be something that your encourage.. if it is.. just don't post man.

14. [quote name='"artistproof"']Really you think someone telling someone else to google things is good?

you think someone telling others to do things they already said they couldn't or wouldn't is helpfull?[/quote]
    Yeah google sounds like great advise actually. Pick up the fucking phonebook or google it. It's pretty simple to figure out where a grow shop is. But if you do need people to hold your hand through simple shit like this, maybe lose the attitude and self-entitlement bs, no body here owes you shit. If you can't figure out how to google, ask real nice and I bet someone will help you. Peace lol.

15. Oh and by the way.....
    My local shop has the shitiest website you've ever seen. Don't judge a book by it's e-cover ;)

16. Finding a grow shop isn't the issue.. Finding one that isn't going to rape and pilllage ya when there or one that sells things of extreme poor quality... I don't see why your here bashing me on this.

You even admited you can't judge a store by its web site..

17. Always try and support your local grow shop!!!!!!!!!!! I recommend the HydroHut Silver Edition tents, nothing better on the market IMO.

18. [quote name='"artistproof"']Finding a grow shop isn't the issue.. Finding one that isn't going to rape and pilllage ya when there or one that sells things of extreme poor quality... I don't see why your here bashing me on this.

You even admited you can't judge a store by its web site..[/quote]

Why is it so hard to call them and ask them how much they charge for the tent you want? Or even walk into a store and look around? Really, they wont bite, don't be scared. I'm sure they will only rape and pillage ya if you allow them to. You're a big boy, I'm sure. No means no. They aren't going to strong arm you lol.

And I'm not bashing you for the info you want. I was bashing you because people took time out of there day to try and help you, and you were a prick in return.

19. #20 artistproof, Sep 19, 2011
    you call someone giving me 3 paragraphs on googling hydroponics in atlanta trying to help?

He was being condisending... I bitched back..

you piled on for no good reason.. added nothing to the conversation, and insisted on insulting me further.. you even stated in my thread that you can't trust how good or bad a web site is to determine if its a good shop or not.. then you bitch at me for asking.

Hell I even posted info into your other threads..

One person acting like a moron trying to piss someone off, contrary to whats happened here, shouldn't be a everyone pile on moment.

If you happen to know something about any of the stores in the area I mentioned respond again if not.. stop trying to piss folks off.. try to be helpfull or dont bother responding.