Looking For A Grinder

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Kardredor, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Ordering a triple bubbler in a bit here but I figured I'd order some other things while I'm at it, like some hemp wick and a grinder. Looking for a solid 4-part (must have kief collector) grinder for a cheap price. Before I get any smartasses saying google, I have done a lot of searching, but I'd like to see what GC can find up for me as well.

2. Well where are you getting the bubbler from? See what grinders that site has

As far as brands go check out sharpstone, space case, chromium crusher or mendo mulcher. I personally have a sharpstone and have never had a problem, it has lasted me about a year so far

3. pm me for really cheap sharpstones + free shipping.

Foxyy

4. check amazon man. i got mine there just search herb/spice grinder. i got a sick chromium crusher 4 piece for 23 and they have combos with pollen presses for not much more at all and also you can get packages with a scale for really cheap.

youd be surprised what amazon has

5. Note the word cheap!

I have a sharpstone, and I'm missing about three teeth on it.

6. Get a titanium space case, seriously it will last you a life time, is sexy, and gives you a fine powder of weed.

7. Don't get a sharpstone unless you wanna smoke metal shavings. I suggest getting a cosmic case or space case. same thing just one is aluminum vs titanium

8. I just got my mendo mulcher in the mail today and it's sick man. You can buy them directly from Dave, the manufacturer, on ebay for $10 bucks less than on his site. Solid grinder, LOTS OF TEETH, made in USA. Cost me $45 shipped. GREAT SUCCESS!!! On par with Space Case easily.

9. #9 Foxy999, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2010

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about space case and cosmic case, because they both make titanium and aluminium. And you should run paper through any grinder to get rid of left over metal shavings.. And I have never had a problem with any of my sharpstones, and none of my friends have, just don't get the one with the clear top or you're asking to break teeth. My buddy at school had an old school sharpstone, like 5 years old and it still had all its teeth and works fine.

Sharpstones are good, and they will last long if you don't put herb in it that is really hard and you try your hardest to grind it.. You have to be an idiot to break teeth on a sharpstone that isn't old.

Foxyy

EDIT: There's a review for the best grinders somewhere on the web. The Mulcher was the best, then it was Space case.

10. I've heard great things about Chromium Crushers as well as Sharpstones. Personally, I think they both are awesome alternatives to the overpriced space cases.

11. #11 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
    There are only 3 brands that have no reports of metal shavings:
    Space Case
    Cosmic
    Kannastor

But Space Case is the best, it'll literall last you a lifetime, so it's really cheaper in the long run.

I had a Sharpstone that ruined tons of keif with metal shavings.

At the very least, get a Chromium Crusher, and make sure to clean it out well before use.

12. This is what you should have done with your sharpstone. All aluminium grinders are made with aircraft grade so the only metal shavings you are going to get is from the beginning of usage if not cleaned. You can also use a magnet to get the shavings out.

Foxyy

13. Nope, cleaned it before use, the magnet won't stick to the aluminum.

The teeth were actually grinding against each other since there is no tephlon ring between the 2 top[teeth] pieces. I believe the CC has the ring though

14. How old is it? My sharpstone has two magnets and a teflon ring and that's the only way I've seen them, but I don't remember if that old school one I was talking about had a teflon ring.

Foxyy

15. No more then 2 years old.
    I have never seen one with the ring.
    But the CC is still slightly higher grade aluminum.

Why not just get a great quality grinder that will last forever and that you won't have to worry about?

16. Do you have any proof? And from what you said I have reason to believe that you got a fake sharpstone or a cheap grinder that looks like a sharpstone and you think its a sharpstone.

Foxyy

EDIT: Also, I don't think any aluminium grinders will last forever, that's why they make titanium.