Looking for a great taste seeds indoor

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Tom79, Aug 19, 2011.

1. #1 Tom79, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
    I'm planning to place my first ever order for seeds, I'm going indoor 250 hps and some cfl's.

I'm looking for great indoor yield seeds but I'm looking for a quality smoke and great taste, the high must be great but not over kill.... just an evening with the wife with a great tasting bud ...

I'm new to growing so easy strain will be great but I don't rule out the others, I have time to invest ..

Really loved SSH when I was going to Amsterdam.

Any ideas?

2. You could get SSH from Mr Nice but it means growing regs and they cost more than lots of the other strains.

My favorite strain to grow indoors is Banrey's farm Bluecheese, very tastey, not the best yeilds in the world but not bad at all but its femmed and easy to grow also finished fast IMO :smoke:

Northern lights is considered one of the best for a first time grow, very easy going and a real strain thats been around for a while, femaleseeds do a great version. I believe they have finished production of it now but you can still find.

3. #3 Lamont, Aug 19, 2011
    I am also a fan of Barney's, but as Wizball stated the yields are not the greatest.
    I have grown BF Sweet Tooth which ended up with a massive yield, but a middle of the road high. I also grew BF Violater Kush last year and ended up with 3 oz dry of some super awesome smoke which is not a lot IMO. Neither of the Barney's strains were very difficult to grow, but they were both a bit picky on nutes.

I just finished a TH Seeds Sage grow that was the most pleasant strain I have grown. Not picky on nutes, super dense nugs, thick trichrome concentration, and decent yield. If I were still getting the hang of things, I would go for something like Sage.

Another problem free strain I have grown is DNA Genetics Chocolope. I am actually 6 weeks into flowering the Chocolopes, and they have been almost as trouble free as the Sage along with wonderful smell, and thick trichrome coverage.

In the end you may go through dozens of strains until you find the certain ones you mesh well with.

4. TGA Subcool is all about breeding for taste. That is his number 1 priority in every strain.

5. I like most of the Barney's strains I've tried, I think Blue cheese, Red diesel and LSD are my favorite but I really liked the Sweet tooth.

Not tried the SGAE but MK ultra and A-train were very good, the A-train was amazing
    Sub's strains are great but just like some of the other better breeders they are regs only and I just don't wanna mess about with males.

Dutch Passion Blueberry is my favorite strain for taste and high but its almost as good crossed with Cheese and less of the hassle :smoke:

6. Yeah I am actually considering expanding my grow to a veg and flower room so I can weed the males before putting them in my flowering area. Kinda stinks to start with 6 and not really know what you will end up with. Generally I get the 50% females and end up with 3. But there are times I have bad luck and other times I have good luck. I dont mind the good luck, but if I only end up with 2 females it wont stretch long enough to complete my next batch.

7. I use soil and I just hate having to get rid of all the old watsted stuff when I use regs :( Getting rid of used soil is a problem for me here so the less the better, also the soil is expensive and I don't like wasteing it on males as I don't do any breeding. Thats the reason I have still not tried any DJ shorts BB.

8. I agree about MK ultra. That's something I've gotten at the clubs before and it's a great strain with a nice skunky flavor. If you can get C99 seeds still that is a really wonderful strain. It's a sativa with a great sativa high, but it's easier to grow like an indica and flowers in 7 weeks. It's my favorite strain to grow out of everything I've grown and I really like the smoke too. The one and only GC blog I wrote is about C99 if you want more info.

9. #9 Tom79, Aug 19, 2011
    thanks for the replys all !
    the MK Ultra sound great, i also read tons of good reviews online, same for Barney's Bluecheese. these 2 are defenitely looks great! i just wished Braney's would have those 2 in stock, i need to place 1 order at 1 shop..
    this will be stealth shipping, probobly will buy 4-5 strains from the same place ..

so im sure about Bluecheese, anything else recommended from Barney's ?
    i also read a lot about Mental Floss, her looks is simply amazing!

thanks again folks ! any more input is great

edit: looking at Tangerine Dream (2010 winner) 25%thc 1.8cbd, is this something to knock me out at the end of the day ? ;)

10. Ive been reading about Tangerine Dream because it does look so interesting. But as you pointed out it was 2010 winner, seeds became available not just too long after that. It may have been around the birthday promo when it was stocked. The point being, there hasnt been alot of time to really do many grows and put alot of info out. The reviews I have read have been mixed enough that Ill wait longer before I seriously consider them.

11. I'd recommend Mandala's Seed Campany strains for fantastic weed, fantastic taste, ease of growing and fantastic price. I have grown all of them except the 2 new strains, for many many years, and they are wonderful and the strain lineup covers all of most people desires in type of high. The Satori(creative and insightful), 8 Miles High(an easy sativa), Speed Queen(an early finishing california orange), Sadhu(chill out pleasant high), Mandala's #1(balance with lots of euphoria), and the White Satin(touch me all over sex weed) are my personal favorites. This is probably the best place to buy them, as they are reliable and cheap: Hopefulgrow - www.Hopefulgrow.com but you can buy Mandala seed anywhere...

12. I saw your report on C99, very good :D
    I think femaleseeds brought out a version or its due out, I like lots of the strains from femaleseeds too, they do their own versions of classic strains and take a long time in devolping them.

I've got more beans than I have room for a moment but I'll pick some up if I see them.

Mandala are another great breeder but that means doing regs again :smoke:

13. Reg's have a better place in long term cloning tho, femmed seeds have a hermie gene that gets in the way of your average newb grower, and keeping a mom in veg for many years to take cuttings from is a lot more successful with regular seeds that prove female and stay that way. Just a thought.

14. regs are better for breeding and if you're looking to find a long term mother maybe for cloning but I've cloned femms no problem.

I like to grow from seed and change strains often, regs just don't fit my own grow area. Never had a hermie with femms from any breeder so far and I've tried a few now ;):smoke:

15. Out of interest how many strains and from what breeders? I have grown for a long time, and fem's are new on the scene and my experiences have been problematic. I have some old mom's and some great old seed stock that is still viable and I do buy and I also cross many of my own, but fem's have not given me the results that I usually count on.

16. Too many strains and breeders to list or rememeber :eek::smoke:

My favorite femms are from femaleseeds and sweetseeds.

Im doing sweet seeds - green poison right now and Dutch Passion - blueberry.

My grow is much much smaller than my older projects so Im not using regs at the moment but I am thinking of getting some 8 miles high from Mandala and some SSH from Mr Nice as Im looking to move and get somewhere bigger.

For now I am still having a great time with femms, the same strains I can smoke in the coffee shops I can now smoke at home and its 100% just as good. Of course not all the breeders or strains are that great but even in the strains I have not enjoyed as much I have still never seen a hermie. I used to do 10 at a time of each strain to be sure I was being fair with each test and review.

I hardly ever clone though as I like to change strains often as there are so many to try :smoke:

17. Miles High is one of my favs :)
    I'll try some sweet seeds next, have my eye on a few that look tastey, thanks. Dutch passion blueberry is something i've grow a few packs out, interesting results, highly mutated growth pattern in most, but good results and good smoke.

18. Blueberry is my favorite strain to smoke ever but its not really a growers choice, they are fickle and the cannbis grow bible uses that strain as an example which must be topped mutiple times... but I just can't help it, the smoke is worth it. I think Dutch Passion make the best femmed strains but they have a bad rep.

Femaleseeds also do great strains, they have a nice version of Black Widow and Northern light and they really take their time about bringing their strains out.

Sweet seeds are Spanish and their stuff is just amazing my buddy said he would never touch femmed seeds but after seeing their Cream Caramel which is an amazing indica strain he now keeps one as a mother. I grew that strain too and it was great, the crosses they do are something else I saw a great Mohan Ram journal on here a while back. I was going to try that but I've been wanting to try this Green Poison for a long time. I started them the same time as the BB and they are twice the size with much more foliage :smoke:

19. #19 Sticky b, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    RopeyMagnumMan has done some tangerine dream with good results. You might check out his grow.

20. Interesting, Mandala are out of Spain too. With pot being legal in Spain, it's not a great wonder that they produce good seeds. Awesome!