Looking for a good Quality Coco Nutes Please Help.

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Fiete, May 14, 2018.

1. I am a first Time Coco Grower I research a lot bevore i started but I don't now which nutrients i can go with?

I live in Europe so not every Nutes are available here.

I find a Thread and the Nutes they like was "Atami ATA Coco Max A&B" very Cheap and Specially for Coco. What are your thoughts on that line?

Canna is also a option to Go with...

My Plan is to buy Canna Rhizotonic for Roots maybe Pk 13/14 also and maybe Atami....

Than i don't know which Coco medium are great maybe also Canna Coco Plus?

Thank you!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. No Help :-( my English is not the Best i know

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I use 3 part general hydroponics and calmag

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. If you can afford the canna go with canna. They’re one of the best especially for coco. I use their coco coir and their cannazym right now. I may swap out to their whole lineup too. Very good stuff.

5. I grow in coco and use GH MaxiBloom from start to finish. GH FloraNova Bloom is a good choice as well.

6. I very much like Canna Coca A and B. I also use CalMag +

7. I use house and garden a and b with sensi cal mag xtra but any cal mag with do fine and rhizotonic through the veg stage and I do the same for the flowering stage but also with big bud

MAKE SURE YOU USE CALMAG SUPPLEMENT FOR COCOIR!

I wouldn’t worry to much about the cocoir as cocoir is cocoir so what can one brand do to make it better than the rest but I use canna coco plus.

Hope this helps

8. If your in Europe look at Ionic,I used Ionic hydro when I first grew in coco.The only reason I don't use it anymore is its hard to get in the country I moved to.

9. Most importantly whatever line you choose you will need a bottle of calmag.

Coco loves to hold onto calcium and not release it. I feed 3-5 ml per gallon(3.89ish litter) every watering. And make sure you feed nutes every watering.

10. #11 hitech, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Canna nutes worked well for me, Rhyzotonic, A/B and Cannazyme are imo essentials.

PK 13/14 probably helps a bit during flowering (I never bought it cuz I don't have enough money for all these extra nutes and my plants grew fine and dense).

Boost i've heard good and bad (mostly good), but nobody has really be able to explain why it's so damned expensive so I've never bothered with it and grow was fine.

I personally never had to use Calmag but it can't hurt to have, just make sure your ppm are in line with the canna growing schedule from their website (which works very well, it's quite accurate so long as you're also using canna coco). On that note the canna coco is great, comes buffered (you don't need to pre-wash it), nice and fine and just feels more comfortable to me to use it and the canna nutes with their feeding schedule basically required no real changes from their grow schedule.

They have a calculator on their website for the feeding schedule you can define units, water ec, tank volumes etc. etc. and I just print it off and put it with my journal in my grow room, calculator here: Grow Guide | CANNA CANADA

I also add a bit of mycorrihzae innoculum because coco on it's own doesn't have the microflaura required for uptake of nutrients by the root (I'm sure there will be arguments otherwise here because it seems everyone here loves to argue how wrong everyone else is ... but it was night and day growth for me when i started innoculaing my coco).

Again i'm sure someone will argue with me that i'm dumb or just wrong (that's all i read on these forums), but these are the nutrients and parameters that worked great for me, so take that as you will.

11. RE: Boost
    This would be a great science experiment - get some healthy clones so the genetics are identical and then run half the batch with boost and half without. See if Boost really makes any difference. I have it in my buckets right now, but i don't clone.

Btw you can totally use BOOST as a foliar spray - it absorbs through the leaves instead of through the roots. This is a MUCH cheaper and more cost effective way of deploying BOOST.

Foliar: 8 ml/Gal
    Water: 16 ml/Gal but they recommend 20-40:

[​IMG]

12. Yeah, do you want to pay for the boost though? shits expensive lol.

I actually just bought a pack that canna sells of rhizo, cannazyme and boost (250ml) cuz I needed the other 2 and the pack price was reasonable.

So I guess I'll see for a bit (just 250ml) if boost helps but I doubt i'll be using it regularly, shit is way way too expensive and I've had great grows with canna coco a/b/rhizo/cannazyme

13. That's exactly how i got my container of boost LOL

And btw I don't think you really need extra calmag if you're using A+B since it already has calmag in it.

14. Yeah that's what I said to him, no calmag, worked perfect for me. But bunch of other ppl in this thread say otherwise so I dunno what their deal was but just canna a/b has enough in it.

15. I honestly think it's just one of those things every grower hears and they just word vomit it to everyone. I'm using A+B and even I am still putting GH calimagic in mine because it's what people have told me. Even the grow guide i'm using recommends it saying this:

Canna Coco Feed Schedule: Canna Coco A & B Feed Chart and Grow Guide - Happy Pot Farmer

16. I started growing well when I just stopped listening to all the argumentative do this, no do that bs (as you can tell by my first post, all i read is ppl argue). Growing has worked best when I just started SIMPLE, and *only* added stuff if it was absolutely necessary if problems arose. Yields were great with just basic nutrients, some stuff to stimulate root growth (rhizo) and just found cannazyme helpful in a neutral medium like coco for helping with metabolize all the dead shit and active the microfauna ecosystem.

I'm not gonna add anything more now just cuz it might get me a bit higher yield or whatever. If it aint broke don't fix it and yields only good until you get so nitpicky that your spending all your profit on unnecesary nutrients.

It's mostly just way overpriced salt water anyways :p

Maybe I will try a little calmag in my next grow though, it's very cheap and for all i know i could have had higher yields, other then that I laugh at all the 'big bud' 'bud candy' blah blah 'additives'

17. Your grow journal grow looks incredible. I envy you that is one amazing looking harvest!

18. With hydro Nutes, you’re spot on. Except that coco specific nutes may have extra calcium and magnesium.

I’ve been using cheap Masterblend 4-18-38 powdered nutes and getting great results in DTW coco. Started as an experiment to prove to myself the very thing you stated. It’s all just expensive, salty water.

Check out my journal for some past harvests. I just took a big one down today.

[​IMG]

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

19. You know what's funny.
    When I grow in nft I end up needing around 2ml/L of calmag

Growing in coco I need none. Like actually none. Didn't even realise I'd stopped using it for about 3 months until one day I was like... hmm...Hang on.... somethings not right here lol

I use cfl for seedling, blurples for veg and hps for bloom. Zero calmag required.

I haven't grown a big one since I got my hps but had more than a few 4 ouncers that just didn't need it. My tap water is only 58ppm aswell so not like it's coming from there iether.

I don't claim to understand why but yeah.
    It happened lol

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app