Looking for a drama/dramady/comedy to become enthralled in. Ideas?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by IMAEREHW, Jun 28, 2009.

1. #1 IMAEREHW, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2009
    So recently I have been going over to my friends apartment because the only person he lives with is his sister (who is extremely cool about alcohol and marijuana). When we are over there, no matter what we are doing (drinking, eating, smoking, hookah-ing, having a party, whatever) we have been watching from start to finish, Rescue Me.

It's a great show, but I am looking for another show that I would want to watch at home/college. I just finished Heroes (well, the first 2 seasons at least) and the xbox360 isnt really doing it for me anymore (until CODMW2 comes out). My birthday is coming up, so i was looking into some drama/dramady/comedy series that i would be interested in.

All suggestions are welcome and valued. There are just so many good shows out, i don't know which one to go with. Hopefully some blades can put me on the right path.

2. #2 IMAEREHW, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2009
    Ideas so far:

Burn Notice
    Mad Men

3. Mad Men is an awesome show, I can't wait for the season to start

That'd definitely be a good choice

4. Dude. LOST. Its fuggin awesome. Huge, deep story, lots of craziness. I started watching it with my girlfriend, and ended up needing to rent every season and watch every moment of it, which was a lot. Im gonna cry when the final season is over. Highly recommended.
    -Thumb

• Like Like x 1
  5. burn notice is a good show

6. There has only been one season so far, but The United States of Tara was really awesome.

Don't know if it's out on DVD yet.

7. the best show ever........Breaking Bad :smoke:

8. It's not recent, but all 8 seasons of "That 70's Show" is on youtube, and I don't know about you all, but for me, that show is hilarious while high.:)

9. Breaking Bad and Weeds, both good recommendations from posters above. Also, Dexter is excellent and Californication might be exactly what you're looking for.

10. you should check out royal pains on USA, pretty cool show imo

11. Burn Notice, Weeds,
    and only seen a few episodes of Royal Pains but It's on my list of things to watch after I finish the rest of my shows. :smoking:

12. Aressted Development! you can watch it for free online at hulu.com, i just got into it a few weeks ago, its hilarious

Also Entourage is awesome.

13. Ive been spending a lot of time on the internet streaming thru every season of a bunch of shows, heres what ill recommend:

House- im on season 3, its fucking good

Trailer Park Boys- CLASSIC WATCH THEM ALL

Weeds- as mentioned above. used to be good the plot is just going off the deep end tho

Dexter- REALLY good in a morbid way

30 Rock- ehhhhhhhhhhhh its ok, kenneth is funny as hell

This is what ive discovered so far this year. hope it helps. im currently addicted to house, i watch at least 4 eps a day, once you start you cant stop. Dont bother with Heroes or Fringe either, both are total wastes of time.

14. I gotta say it took about... 1 episode for me to close the book on that one

15. Entourage
    Californication
    Dexter

16. The Wire is an excellent show on HBO that I would highly recomend

also, if you like mini series then Band of Brothers would be a good one to check out.

17. Basically HBO is what you need. Entourage, The Sopranos, Band of Brothers, Generation Kill, The Wire, Six Feet Under and East Bound and Down. Right there are the best shows on television. With the exception of Dexter, South Park, Seinfeld, and maybe Weeds. HBO and HBO ondemand provide endless entertainment. And after a single episode of The Wire or The Sopranos you will be hooked like its heroin.

18. QFT. LOST is amazing. starts off kinda sappy, turns into a sci fi roller coaster for ur mind.

If you haven't seen every arrested development at least 3 times you've probably missed something. It's great the first time, it's great everytime.

Band of brothers is just great. Bought that shit asap. The Wire is baller, check out the corner as well.

You need to watch all of lost to appreciate it. sadly I watched the first 2 seasons and almost quit but decided to give the third the ole college try and hot damn, I loved it. can't wait for 2010. omg omg omg.

As for other suggestions, check out all of the shit on Hulu, the office, 30 rock, AD, House. it's all pretty good. If you like Aaron Sorkin try The West Wing or even Sportsnight. If you wanna try an internet show, check out Yacht Rock.

19. nah man honestly the first ep really turned me off.