Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

looking for a cheeper bay area dispensary

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ilych, Dec 8, 2009.

1. i finally got my MMJ card, and being able to get the strains i want has been a blessing, but its just too expensive. does any one know of some dispensarys in the bay area (california) that are less than 65 dollars an eighth, because i really can not afford to keep paying that much :(
    thanks for any help you guys can offer :smoke::smoke:

2. I go to harbor side in oaktown:cool:

3. i thought dispensary prices were cheaper than street prices in the states that have mmj.

i pay 60/8th in the midwest and i think thats outragous

4. nope cause we pay taxes...usually :smoke:

5. BPG in berkeley has 8ths from $20-$60. Grass Roots(in sf) has the same prices.
    Medithrive on Mission has the best bud I have seen for $40-$60 an 8th. tax included at medithrive.

6. DAmn I just got my card and swung by the dispense in my town, grams of the kill for 18 and eights for 50-55 not too bad. Haha I talked to the owner and I am going to start supplying that place with the danky danky top shelf urkle, grapefruit kush, and mendo purp

7. you can get some cheap ass shake at the clubs in Redwood City.

Bud prices are probably around $50-$60

8. yeah? I think thats where my buddy goes.

9. I have no dispensary experience but maybe you should start buying larger amounts? If you know you're going to smoke it you might as well, I've heard stories of great prices on heady ounces at dispensaries.

10. since you're in santa cruz and probably don't feel like driving all the way up the bay... check out some places in San Jose.

Quite a few are opening up - I went to one today in Santa Clara called Angel's Care Collective - they have a RIDICULOUS variety and the most per 1/8 is $55. Of course, there's that lovely 9.25% California sales tax added on... but its so worth it.

11. I would still move to CA for the medical card even with those prices.

I get to choose from so many strains,concentrates, edibles. more then 100+ despensaries all around(i wouldnt mind doing a 5 hour ride every 2 weeks.) 9.25% is crazy but NY isnt much better.

I can get discounts in some ive heard, free bud for the first time in a despensary etc etc.... I'm so jealous of everyone with a card.

12. thanks for the tip on that place. i checked it out today and got some very quality stuff. :hello:

13. Nice! I should have told you to bring a toy for Toys for Tots.. you get a free edible..

Though I had their brownie yesterday - the guy said to split it in half... and honestly, it did absolutely nothing. The weed I bought was amazing though. Great high.

14. I went to HarborSide in Oakland lastweek and picked up 2 grams of some kill for $27, tax included.. I was looking for the $20-$30 1/8th but those specials are only on some days.

15. go to sacramento, its one of the cheaper places for medical bud in the bay area. check out my stash jar thread and it has a few different pickups from sacramento. some fire purple trainwreck for $45 an 1/8th. in oakland and frisco its more expensive

16. sacramento isn't in the bay area... its about an hour out. And I think its kind of funny to suggest it as a "cheap" place when you consider that the OP would be travelling from Santa Cruz (where he is) to Sacramento - which is about a 2 1/2 hour drive and at least $30 in gas roundtrip

hah.... womp womp....

17. if the op was willing to purchase an ounce then it would be worth the drive to save 50 or 60$

18. not when the drive costs $50-60.

19. you said $30

20. i was high, i meant to say one-way, not round-trip.

I'm in San Jose and I went up to Sac a few weeks ago. round trip was about $35-40 for my car and my car is pretty good on gas. But OP is in Santa Cruz and I know from where I am to santa cruz and back is about $15 in gas. so it isn't very cost effective, especially considering the 2 1/2 hour drive, the wear and tear on the car, etc.. etc..

just trying to throw some logic into the situation...