Looking for a bubbler, help a blade out

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Doadies, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Do you guys know of a company that blows bubblers like these medicali makes, i'm looking for better quality if possible?

Stay high :D

Attached Files:

2. #2 ignila, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
    I used to have a double bubbler from medicali similar to the picture on the left. I broke it about 2 years ago (It didn't take much, it was quite delicate). I would urge you to look at different styles than those. It was a cool bub and all, but it only had plain 4 slit diffused downstems and those narrow mouthpieces gave a lot of splashback. If you contact any blower they could probably whip one up for you, just check out your local headshops and see if they purchase glass from any local blowers and ask them to put you in contact.

I payed $120 (which was probably too much, but I live in Canada so thats kind of how it goes) for mine and think that they leave a lot to be desired compared to most quality bubblers that are widely available today. Just my 2-cents though.

IMO the 8-arm SNOB/GC bub they sell for $125 on this site would blow those little things out of the water. I have a similar style bubbler to those and I think it outperforms my old medicali double bub by a long shot. More diffusion, better volume and zero splashback.

[​IMG]

3. image-3780764450.jpg

Just got these from my buddy jake.

4. [quote name='"ignila"']I used to have a double bubbler from medicali similar to the picture on the left. I broke it about 2 years ago (It didn't take much, it was quite delicate). I would urge you to look at different styles than those. It was a cool bub and all, but it only had plain 4 slit diffused downstems and those narrow mouthpieces gave a lot of splashback. If you contact any blower they could probably whip one up for you, just check out your local headshops and see if they purchase glass from any local blowers and ask them to put you in contact.

I payed $120 (which was probably too much, but I live in Canada so thats kind of how it goes) for mine and think that they leave a lot to be desired compared to most quality bubblers that are widely available today. Just my 2-cents though.

IMO the 8-arm SNOB/GC bub they sell for $125 on this site would blow those little things out of the water. I have a similar style bubbler to those and I think it outperforms my old medicali double bub by a long shot. More diffusion, better volume and zero splashback.

[/quote]

Thanks for your reply, this piece I buy next would be replacing my daily driver so it has to be very portable and able to use in a car and fit in a pocket. The current bubbler i'm forced to use now is China garbage lol though the bubbler you pictured is very nice, just not what i'm looking for.

You mentioned that you broke your medicali, was the quality/thickness not that well?

Thanks again stay high!

5. Grav labs make a sick shower head hammer style bubbler like the one on the right. Stacks nice. Cheap too.

6. I was just gonna say grav labs makes a bub very similar to that but its got a nice showerhead on it, only thing that sucks is it isnt gong

7. Yeah I have the large one and I love everything about it besides it not being GonG. For $60 though its gonna be hard to beat it.

I'm sure a Local blower could make you a showerhead bubbler for cheap. I think Circs and Showerheads are like the best percs I've tried in bubblers.

8. I've seen the grav labs bubbler, I was actually hoping to find a bubbler like these but blown by a higher end company like Illadelph or ROOR for example

I've looked on aqua labs, EDI, and a few other sites but didn't find what I was looking for.. maybe they don't produce one?

9. I don't think that RooR or Illadelph have anything like that... I may be wrong though

10. [quote name='"Rokintreasr"']

I don't think that RooR or Illadelph have anything like that... I may be wrong though[/quote]

That's what it's starting to look like.

Would you buy the bubbler(s) in the picture? (if you were in the market for a portable bubbler)

I have yet to see/feel/hold one in person, the medicali dealers around here are sold out and won't be getting then in until a week or two.. so I might not even like the feel of it.. but I won't know until then.

11. I've heard only good thinks about Medicali, so if the price was right and I was looking for a portable bubbler, I'd buy it :bongin:

12. Don't doubt the grav labs man they are sick. The large hits very nice. I've hit it lightly a few times and its been totally fine. Stronger than I thought.

13. I've never hit one, but I watched a milk vid on one and they stack like a BITCH haha :bongin:

14. Don't hate on the grav labs man, one of the best pieces I ever bought. Stacks like a beast and hits pretty smooth. The large and small are great investments, and I haven't spoken to a person yet who's regretted buying one.

15. #15 ignila, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
    Roor used to make bubs, I haven't seen any recent ones. The ones I have seen are pretty big though, probably stand over a foot tall and are pretty plain. *** I just googled it and they do still produce bubs, some pretty nice worked ones too*** Heres a pic of the ones I was talking about
    [​IMG]

I don't recall ever seeing a Illadelph bub, but they exist... You could get one of their stemless ashcatchers and a J-hook and make it into a bub too.

16. Nice, thanks for pointing that out to me man. ;) I would also recommend an ashcatcher with J-hook setup. You can come up with some pretty gnarly bubblers that way, and also have an ashcatcher for your bong :bongin:

17. #17 ignila, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
    It was partially me and partially the design. The way those thin mouth pieces come off the can on the bub is really sketchy, and I was putting one of my bongs on the shelf beside it not really looking and set it down on the mouth piece. The mouthpiece broke off really easily and the other end kind fell off the book shelf onto the floor... Game over haha. Besides the mouthpiece it was actually quite nice quality, but I wouldn't buy one again. I dug it out of its grave for you haha. It used to look pretty cool back in its day haha now its a cut hazard every time I look for it

[​IMG]

18. I decided I wanted something nicer guys, but I appreciate your help!

I'll post pictures later tonight!

19. double post